DVBWorld 2104 N/A sat list

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crossbow

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
ottawa
I have built and attached a modified North American sat file for DVB World software for the DVBWorld 2104 series or equivalent PCIE models. Tested only on the 2104D.
This file:
1. removes all the extraneous sats not seen from North America.
2. includes sat West longitude followed by East longitude in brackets.
3. updates corrected sat names and positions as of this posting.
4. includes most active TPs per sat except AMC 4 which shows no life signs as yet.
5. does NOT include any DSS sats to avoid clutter.
Please comment if you have any problems with it and I will attempt to assist.

Attachments

• Satlist19_9_10.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 207
I appreciate the effort. However, we need some automated way of making this file. Did you hexedit the file, or write some script to make the file?

I have built and attached a modified North American sat file for DVB World software for the DVBWorld 2104 series or equivalent PCIE models. Tested only on the 2104D.
This file:
4. includes most active TPs per sat except AMC 4 which shows no life signs as yet.
What did you use to zip this? I've downloaded to my XP box 3 times and it says "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or Corrupted".

Can you do it again?

Thanks
Bob

It was done with jzip but I tried winzip also and cant seem to get a valid file to upload correctly. Emailed it to myself and it opens OK.. Dont know whats going on here, sorry. If you want it PM me with Email addy.

I just right clicked and chose extract all. Windows 7. No problem. I also ran it through 7zip to extract and got the same file size.

I just right clicked and chose extract all. Windows 7. No problem. I also ran it through 7zip to extract and got the same file size.

OK great but I cant get it to work. Here is another one with a TP list.

Attachments

• Satlist2104_19_9_10.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 142
Wprk as in extract the file, or work as in work with the hardware? Don't laugh, but I have a slight "crisis" of power outlets and can't run the software at the moment. I'll swap plugs around later.

The new file extracts just fine.

Would it be too much to ask these wall wart manufacturers to just eat one socket?

I'll try and upload it as some folks have been having issues. I was able to download it from the site here with no issues

Attachments

• Satlist2104_19_9_10(2).zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 153
I'll try and upload it as some folks have been having issues. I was able to download it from the site here with no issues

Thanks Iceberg for re-posting the file but there still seems to be issues with it. It contains 2 files a .dat and a .txt but when I DL it from the site it shows only 1 unrecognized file. This same file was uploaded to another site and DL and unzips fine.

Using the PCIE2006 card with windows 7 /32 I do not see a difference in the sat names. Still showing all as before. I am using the latest software from the DVBWORLD site.

Last edited:
Using the PCIE2006 card with windows 7 /32 I do not see a difference in the sat names. Still showing all as before. I am using the latest software from the DVBWORLD site.
Sounds like it is DLing OK, great. If you replaced the old file with the one provided you should see the new names in the sat pull down box right away. Your old sat list in the left column will not change until you scan a sat then close and restart the app.

Sounds like it is DLing OK, great. If you replaced the old file with the one provided you should see the new names in the sat pull down box right away. Your old sat list in the left column will not change until you scan a sat then close and restart the app.

Understood, but that is not what happens. I have replaced the file and still have all the old sat names in the sat pull down box. Which left column are you speaking of ? The first screen before you enter the configuration section?

This file:
Thanks, Crossbow for the edited SatList!! It worked like a charm!!
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts