Toshiba TRX-100 Sat Name

Can someone who has one of these equipments help me and tell me how to rename the name of the satellites?
I had a TRX-100 several years ago and I don't remember a way to change the names, but it may be possible.

I do remember printing out a chart and just relating the pre-programmed names to an orbital location slot and cross referencing to that when the satellite names changed.

A lot of difference in the models but I also had a TRX-1820 and here is how you change them on that model:

I had a TRX-100 several years ago and I don't remember a way to change the names, but it may be possible.

I do remember printing out a chart and just relating the pre-programmed names to an orbital location slot and cross referencing to that when the satellite names changed.

A lot of difference in the models but I also had a TRX-1820 and here is how you change them on that model:

Its been a long time, I remember buying a chip from Toshiba that had all the latest locations and names. I think you could only add generic names?(sat1,sat2,etc)

I read what the url indicates, it is practically the same process as the 80-100 and 120 models, except that the AUTO and PROGRAM buttons are physical and are behind the positioner, I could not change the name, for example I don't care about the digits M1(Morelos1) M2(Morelos2) but rather change what goes in parenthesis, today the names of the satellites have changed all, I would like to leave it like this: M2(117w) M1(115w) for example...
Thanks for your help

I read what the url indicates, it is practically the same process as the 80-100 and 120 models, except that the AUTO and PROGRAM buttons are physical and are behind the positioner, I could not change the name, for example I don't care about the digits M1(Morelos1) M2(Morelos2) but rather change what goes in parenthesis, today the names of the satellites have changed all, I would like to leave it like this: M2(117w) M1(115w) for example...
Thanks for your help
That would be nice if you could just put in the location in degrees like that, since the names and designations are always changing it seems.

I have always tried to think of everything by location anyway, less confusion for me, hope you can figure it out.

Reactions: FTA4PA
FYI, a state-of-the-art brand new satellite receiver for $95. Why mess around?

Reactions: harshness
FYI, a state of the art brand new satellite receiver for $95. Why mess around?

That one can't run a C-band actuator, and that's probably all he's using the Toshiba for, since it's an analog receiver, and there isn't ANY analog programming up there anymore.

So, he wants the new names to better identify where to move to watch something. Me, I'd just make a label with the new ones, and tape it on the front.

Toshiba 100, that takes me back...It was the one that had the graphic display that lit up with a pointer to indicate where the dish was moving, very cool. The 80 was really the same thing but without the graphic display. They had a capacitor that would dry out and stop the dish from moving. Otherwise as solid a quality as any.