DVR expander on Cablevision, NY

Bionicbill

Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
LI NY
I bought a Apricorn 500GB eSATA hard drive. It works, but picture is terrible there is pixelation, and "glitches". Especially bad when you record 2 shows at the same time. I finally packed it in a box and shipped back. I am in the Long Island area. I would like to hear from any body that has a success or failure with an expander. I am thinking of going to TIVO and don't know what lies a head with that. Thanks in advance.:mad: Bill

I bought an Apricorn 750 GB drive back in '08. I had no problems with it at all. In fact, I am now using it with my DirecTV HR-21 receiver. It works perfectly for me.

Bill

I was living in Wappingers Falls, NY when I was using the 750GB drive. I had absolutely no problems with it, and it now is being used with my DirecTV HR-21 receiver...again working flawlessly. Though, I recently purchased a 1TB drive from Apricorn for use with my SA receiver for Cablevision, and I'm experiencing the pixelation problems with that. Apricorn tells me it a problem with Cablevision not making a software update for its' use. It clearly said this on the Apricorn website when I made the purchase...but didn;t see it when I was ordering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts