DVR External Viewing

Most definately. In fact , even though the microHD can't display 4:2:2 chroma, it can record it for playback on the computer.

What is the best program for playback/editing on a pc? With mpeg2 I used VRD to join the ts files and then edited the start and endpoints. With mpeg4 files, using the latest VRD beta, there is a "seam" where the files are joined (stutter, loss of sync).

Kuku - I would ask on the VideoReDo forum.
They will try their best to help.
Might be as simple as what media player you are using.

iPhone 4

I use Cypheros TS Doctor, which strips out unneeded data and repairs any errors in the stream. It also has a simple editing function, which works adequately, although is somewhat frame-inaccurate on MPEG4 streams. Unfortunately, the software is not free, however I don't think the price is too high considering what it does.

On Linux, you can try cat. I recorded 1/4 of a pre-season game and used it. Assuming you have a directory called /tmp/myVideos and drive mounted on /mnt/usb1: cat /mnt/usb1/dvr*.ts > /tmp/myVideos/final.ts Seemed to play smoothly.

On Linux, you can try cat. I recorded 1/4 of a pre-season game and used it. Assuming you have a directory called /tmp/myVideos and drive mounted on /mnt/usb1: cat /mnt/usb1/dvr*.ts > /tmp/myVideos/final.ts Seemed to play smoothly.

That works on Mac OS too using the terminal program (since it's based on Unix).

After more testing today, I found the following: With my SV 8000, with mpeg2 files, I can join them and edit cleanly and then playback via pc with just about any player w/o seams (stutter or loss of sync) where the files were joined.With the microHD, with mpeg4 files, I can join them, but playback is not smooth and there are seams where the files were joined.Today, I recorded mpeg2 with the microHD, joined them, and found seams where the files were joined.The difference between the SV 8000 and microHD folders is with the SV 8000 there is 1 .ifo and 1 .idx file (both unnecessary for the joined .ts file) with the .ts files, whereas with the microHD there are multiple .dvr files (which appear necessary somehow for the joined .ts file) with the .ts files.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts