DVR "special program" for charter members?

truqui said:
What exactly are the Charter Members?
I found GRDVOOM on myvoom and asked a CSR what this was. "It for people who signed up before August 2004 and have not changed their subs since the first of 2005"
What does that mean? No knowledge from the CSR

Does anyone here know?
TIA
The explanation from the CSR really means that you are being billed at the 'old rates', since you have not made a programming change that would trigger an update to the new rates.

My understanding of 'charter member' is that a person who bought the receiver and never switched to lease is a charter member. I did this, thinking that being a charter member might be worth something when the DVR came out. So far, there has been no benefit in being a charter member. Just another entry in "The Stone Man Mistake Book".

The Stone Man

The Stone Man said:
The explanation from the CSR really means that you are being billed at the 'old rates', since you have not made a programming change that would trigger an update to the new rates.

My understanding of 'charter member' is that a person who bought the receiver and never switched to lease is a charter member. I did this, thinking that being a charter member might be worth something when the DVR came out. So far, there has been no benefit in being a charter member. Just another entry in "The Stone Man Mistake Book".
What about bragging rights......

The Stone Man said:
... thinking that being a charter member might be worth something when the DVR came out. So far, there has been no benefit in being a charter member....
I made the same decision of not switching to rental with the hope of getting a break on the DVR when it came out. Since it's not out yet, we still don't know that won't happen :)

As a charter member I feel like I am benefiting a little every month VOOM hangs in there: I don't pay the rental fee and I've been saving money by being billed at the 'old rates' while still getting a free plus pack every month (for me Cinemax). So I wouldn't agree that there is "no" benifit. Very little maybe, but not none :D

socalpanman said:
COSTCO sells the Dish HD DVR here in LA for $489. Can't network but the market is already setting the price.
Also, I might have some technology but I'm not the ultra rich. I have a limit to the budget for this stuff.

Since it can't network and you have no feel for what hardware and development is needed to make that feature work, how can one compare the price to the Dish box?

$800 for a base and two clients is probably a conservative estimate.

The Dish 921 is now around $549 but it is obsolete and cannot be upgraded to MPEG-4 like the newer boxes and Dish is going to convert in the future.

DarrellP said:
The Dish 921 is now around $549 but it is obsolete and cannot be upgraded to MPEG-4 like the newer boxes and Dish is going to convert in the future.

That's what I was thinking too. Would you rather have a $549 box that'll become not much more than a doorstop in the near future, or spend $1,000 for something that last for many years to come??

Rick214 said:
As a charter member I feel like I am benefiting a little every month VOOM hangs in there: I don't pay the rental fee and I've been saving money by being billed at the 'old rates' while still getting a free plus pack every month (for me Cinemax). So I wouldn't agree that there is "no" benifit. Very little maybe, but not none :D
Good point Rick. Of course--you are right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)