E/W network feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
Anybody living in a covered city ( w/ locals ) and get the E/W network feeds ? Ive heard of some people actually getting the CSR's to activate them even though there in area covered by local network channels. I get the Miami networks, But I would like to try to get the big ones ( if even possible ). Any thoughts ? Maybe i'll try my luck ???

Just a few thoughts, while we all want DNS, and at least I am one that thinks the current DMA system is way old school and should be eliminated; BUT

1. Why risk fubar'ing your services?

2. With whats going on over at Dish Network, why attempt to put we DirecTV customers in the same fate?

Yes, I do. I have been a customer for more than 9 years. When D* started offering local stations in my market, I was grandfathered in and kept receiving the distant networks. Then they made me make a choice. I kept the DNS and got rid of the locals. A few months later, they offered me the local channels without losing the DNS. But, I was told that if I ever gave the DNS up or moved (even across the street) I would lose the DNS. Initially I also had both NY & LA HD DNS, but last year they took away the NY HD DNS.

I also have my locals from Raleigh and the E/W CBS, NBC, and FOX, I couldn't get the E/W ABC because the ABC in Raleigh in O&O by ABC and they refused to give wavers. Plus I also get the SV ABC from both Richmond, and Lynchburg.

chicago area with cbs, fox, abc nyc stations with local stations from an antenna.

I talked to a senior tech at directv about possibly getting the Distant networks, She looked it up to see what my chances were, but said I wouldn't have a chance with the Miami stations agreeing + the locals are available in HI-DEF through the satellite. :mad:

mhking said:
Grandfathered for both sets of SD channels here, too....

I know that DirecTV doesn't offer the opposite coast HD-DNS, but they don't offer West coast SD-DNS to East coast folks (I know West coast folks can't get East) anymore, either?!

~Alan

guess I was Grandfathered in also..............always had my locals then added both E/W HD Feeds..........Lost the west HD last year which D* says is legal stuff but I still say it had to do with NFL cause that's when it ended, last year at football time.........what gets me is I still get the west SD...makes no sense to me to give me the SD and not the HD.........I still get the west feed.
So, I get about 10 to 12 NFL games a week without ST.........most HD except the west feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cable TV plus HD OTA through RF in?

Switch Install Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)