Eastern Arc vs. Current Dish 1000 Setup

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
I currently have the Cincinnati locals and I have a Dish 1000 (129, 119, 110 sats) which does not receive the Cincinnati HD locals. I'm seeking opinions of what is best, "moving" to Dayton where the HD locals are on 129 or call Dish to install a new Eastern Arc dish. What are your thoughts guys and gals?

Thanks,

Scott

I have all MPEG4 receivers and I really don't want to have two dishes. I guess I was really looking for an opinion about which suite of satellites would offer the best reception for my area (Cincinnati-Dayton area).

If your hd locals are on either 61.5 or 77 and you have all mpeg4 receivers, EA would be the only single dish solution. However, not all of Cincinnati locals are HD, there a several sd only and they are on 110. If you want all your locals, you will not get them all with any one dish.

I would like a one dish solution. I can keep what I have now and "move" to Dayton and get Dayton HD locals which are on 129, or I can have Dish come out and change my dish to an Eastern Arc dish and get Cincy HD locals on 77. I understand not all Cincy locals are in HD but I can get them OTA. I want to be able to record two HD locals at the same time. My question is which setup is better? Does one setup have better signal strength? Will future national HD channels be uplinked to both sets of satellites? Is there an advantage to one over the other (newer satellites or whatever)?

Just which HD locals you want. SD locals are the ones in question which you answered. If you get Cincy OTA, you might want Dayton just to have some different programing (mornings/afternoons) and newscasts, Primetime shows will be the same. I have locals from two dma's and major difference would be in some of the sport broadcasts, I get a larger variety of games from the network channels.

The sats on western arc currently are newer and stronger than the ones on eastern arc. I don't know that I'd let that be a big factor in decision making though. I'd probably "move" if you can get the Cincy locals A-OK OTA.

Actually, I get all of Dayton and Cincy HD locals OTA very well. I want to DVR two HD shows at the same time on the same DVR (24 and Heroes) which I can't do right now. I probably will just "move" to Dayton. Another thing to consider is with the Eastern Arc dish I hear you don't need a switch. I have a Dishpro Plus 944 switch in my set up and if I can take that out I would like that. I have three MPEG 4 receivers.

Could you try to maneuver for a 722K? Otherwise just move, yo. You're pretty much down to 3 choices, move, go EA or get a 722K.
Nick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)