Echostar 16 at 61.5W

Scott, any word on whether Lubbock, Texas will be getting HD locals out of this deal?

Many here have "moved" to Dallas DMA for HD locals.

DirecTV put Lubbock locals up in HD last year.

I do not know anything about SD markets being upgraded to HD markets.

I am only passing along what DISH sent to retailers in regards to transponder moves. They have no announced any upgrade plans as of yet.

It would sure be nice if Dish could do away with the dual arcs for so many locals but,it would take a whole heap of equipment upgrades to do it.It's like they almost quit on the changeover to mpeg4.

Scott, any word on whether Lubbock, Texas will be getting HD locals out of this deal?

What about the locals in HD for Lukenbach, Texas?

So when do we get the rest of our HD channels? I'd really like to get the CW while "Supernatural" is still on the air, because the SD picture is just awful on dark shows.

So when do we get the rest of our HD channels? I'd really like to get the CW while "Supernatural" is still on the air, because the SD picture is just awful on dark shows.

Don't think anyone here truly knows the answer to that question.If I'm not mistaken they have until the end of this year to get all markets in HD.

Now we wouldn't know anyone like that would we? :D Maybe that's why that mysterious 1m dish is at some people's houses?

If you have a clear view and the locals are on both, there's really no advantage from one or the other nor is there any reason to switch. Much of this is being done to improve line of site issues. If they make any particular market available on only one arc at a later time they will certainly let everyone know well in advance.

As someone that installs, I certainly hope they leave our locals on both. Installs with line of site issues for me have been basically non existent since I've been able to choose between either.

If you have a clear view and the locals are on both, there's really no advantage from one or the other nor is there any reason to switch. Much of this is being done to improve line of site issues. If they make any particular market available on only one arc at a later time they will certainly let everyone know well in advance.

As someone that installs, I certainly hope they leave our locals on both. Installs with line of site issues for me have been basically non existent since I've been able to choose between either.
So have you had to install both arcs in your area?

So is anyone seeing any difference in signal strength for their LIL that was on the list to be switched? I checked just a little bit ago and the SS for me is like 3 points higher is all. But I'm pretty far from the center of the spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts