Echostar 18 Launch Approx 4:15 EDT June 18 2016

Nice launch! Go, go, go!

Is E*18 going to EA or WA?

Original filing was for 110W. Then they sent a letter a couple months ago to locate it at 61.5W.
They have not filed the technical application for 61.5W yet. Expect to see it any day.
It is a 109 spotbeam satellite.
No Conus beams

Hey, Elon should hire these people! Their guidance systems knows how to go past 999 Km! ;)

Edit: Separation of Echostar XVIII! Yay!
One down, one to go...

Reactions: charlesrshell
I love my Hopper 3. I hate the Hopper 3! I recorded this event and attempted to skip to the launch, but every time I try to FF to the end, it stops, then displays the "playback over" pop-up. Grrr™ Also, the ViP receivers allowed manual timers and extending a recording while watching. The H3 said it was recording until 1:30am, but it stopped shortly after 5:45pm. Grrr!

Nice launch, great job getting them into orbit! It was worth hopping back and forth between the baseball game and the launch. The guy said the E* sat was going to be used for spotbeams (including one to Cuba - providing the first digital television signals to that country) and for 4K television. If it isn't Conus, who's going to be getting 4K locals?

Would they take the current spot beamed locals on 61.5 and transfer them to the new bird when it's operational?.
Only if they were able to convert the spot to a ConUS.... Otherwise there is little need to move them unless the original spot, or satellite, is going bad.

Only if they were able to convert the spot to a ConUS.... Otherwise there is little need to move them unless the original spot, or satellite, is going bad.

E16 at 61.5W has 71 spots and Conus beam. Co located with E15 which is only Conus.
I'd guess they are going to move E16 to another location and have E15 Conus and E18 with it's 109 spot beams at 61.5w.

Any DIRT team members online now?

Dish/Spectrum Sports Suite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)