Echostar X Arrived at Sea Launch.

BrettTRay said:
Brian, thanks for the info. I don't really get over to DBStalk so thanks.

I normally don't either, I like to get all my information here. :D But just for kicks pulled up the home page and saw this in the recent forum posts.

I visited the webpage, but I sill don't know which orbital slot E X will be located? Is it planned to replaced a current satellite or what? Can someone please enlighten me?

Nevermind, I just went back to re-read the webpage and I found it..."its ultimate orbital location at 110 degrees West Longitude."

Last edited:
chipvideo said:
I hope that damn thing blows up on launch. Dish deserves it.

Gheez! :rolleyes:

That's a little harsh, and just why do you think they deserve to lose a multi million dollar piece of equipment?

Gotta little bit of pent up anger in ya huh?

Insurance, Insurance :p

Anywho, anyone know if E* is going to televise it? (Or HDNEWS, that would be nice !)

CJPC said:
Insurance, Insurance :p
Anywho, anyone know if E* is going to televise it? (Or HDNEWS, that would be nice !)
I think there will at least be video on the SeaLaunch web site.

E* should put it on a channel like D* does, people would watch it...

...not like we'll be watching lifetime or oln or anything...

Yeah, a special 'Charlie Chat:Launch Edition' , or even a HDNEWS video essay, something would be very interesting!

It can be mirrored on 108,109, and 151 :)

chipvideo said:
I hope that damn thing blows up on launch. Dish deserves it.
Oh yeah right - a failure keeps them from having the bandwidth we all need to get the things we want, so that really helps US doesn't it? Jerk.

E* has in the past put the launch on for everone to see. Its a bit harder to get video of a sea launch but I'm sure Boeing has it available if E* wants it. BTW, I think E* has sent up a bird or two as self insured but I'm sure about that.

Thor263 said:
That is such an idiotic statement.

Well a lot of us HD users are leaving dish as to the fact they are deciding to once again downgrade the signals.

Dish is also breaking the law. They are advertising HD when it is not a standardized hd resolution.

The only thing dish is going to be a leader in is number of channels. Their quality already sucks compared to many cable companies. I know this as I am comparing them right now. I used to actually own stock in dish and told everyone to use their great service.

All I can say is dish is screwing the customer big time in their direction. HDLITE is what you can watch from dish. Once they do that then they figure they can overcompress the crap out of it. Good luck and enjoy your overcompressed crappy looking not even close to dvd quality.

chipvideo said:
Well a lot of us HD users are leaving dish as to the fact they are deciding to once again downgrade the signals.
Dish is also breaking the law. They are advertising HD when it is not a standardized hd resolution.
The only thing dish is going to be a leader in is number of channels. Their quality already sucks compared to many cable companies. I know this as I am comparing them right now. I used to actually own stock in dish and told everyone to use their great service.
All I can say is dish is screwing the customer big time in their direction. HDLITE is what you can watch from dish. Once they do that then they figure they can overcompress the crap out of it. Good luck and enjoy your overcompressed crappy looking not even close to dvd quality.

SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

M Sparks said:
SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I have to wait for the contract to end.

Just trying to say that you need to realize that dish quality is worse than comcast now.

Don't you remember back in the late 90's when dish and direct were touting their supperior pic quality. Well times have changed. Now you can get better quality OTA for free.

I just wanted you to know that it is going to get worse for dish. They have proven that over the years and now they are doing it with high definition signals. The whole point of high def was for better quality and now dish is deciding to compress it further and lower the resolution. That is going backwards.

Too many people are so PRO dish kind of like the intel/amd crowd. Kind of funny if you ask me. I never take a side and pump it like no tomorrow. I pay for a service I expect a good service. How would you like it if you bought a service to find out they are going to downgrade your quality. Hey your paying for it. Would you like to have your internet price go up and find out they lowered your broadband connection by a third? That is dishes plan for high def. I have seen what dish has done to the signal for standard def since they started. Standard def is unwatchable on a good high def set. DVD's look amazing. They used to tout the service as near dvd quality and now it is about as good as a vhs tape.

Dish provided live video of the E-9 satellite launch which was also on a Zenit 3 provided by Sea Launch.

So knowing everything you just layed out for us and how crappy you think Dish is why did you sign a contract with them.

It seems like you might deserve it.

Dune said:
So knowing everything you just layed out for us and how crappy you think Dish is why did you sign a contract with them.
It seems like you might deserve it.

Because they had good quality HD. That was when I signed the contract. Now they are starting to dowrez and compress the hd.