EHD Issues with new Hopper upgrade

misbehaving

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I upgraded to a Hopper/Joey setup last week and in preparation for that switch I installed an EHD (WD) and copied all of the recordings from my 722K onto it. Everything seemed to proceed normally. After the upgrade I had difficulty getting the Hopper to recognize the EHD, but after numeous re-boots and unplugs...it finally recognized it. The problem came when I tried to watch something from the EHD. The show would play normally for about 10 minutes and then end with a pop window stating recording had ended. This happened with every show I tried to watch. Then I attempted to move the recordings from the EHD to the Hopper -- thinking maybe that would help -- but the recordings would not transfer, ending with another pop up message stating the transfer could not be performed. I have hours and hours of television on this EHD which right now is unavailable to me. Anybody have any ideas?

My External Drive Transfer Experience

In preparation for my Hopper/Joey install, I purchased a WD 2TB USB 3.0 External hard drive. I moved the contents of a Vip722 and a Vip722K to the external
drive. After the install I moved the contents of the external drive to the hopper (~200 files} - I know the conventional wisdom is to watch the contents from the
external drive but I want to use the drive to backup my computer.

All files were moved successfully.

This problem is the same one I experienced with a 922 when I brought over material on my EHD to it...also please see my thread on my new hopper w/sling not recognizing my 2 ehd's....under "Need Dirt Help"....it turns out there is a software glitch and I re-installed my original Hopper with a sling adapter and just shipped back the new Hopper w/sling.....I'll revisit the need for an upgrade in about a year and see if its worth it, kinda of like when I sent back a 922 and kept my 722....things are getting buggy on the hopper w/sling....very disappointing!

Try plugging it into different Hopper USB ports.

...the Hopper w/sling has software issues....stay with the original hopper for awhile and add a sling adapter.

What software issues does the HWS have? I currently have one of each and don't see any differences besides the the obvious, built in sling and transfers capabilities.

When did the Hopper "Logo Bug" show up?

On Demand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts