Email issues to GMAIL Accounts

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We are aware of issues with users on GMAIL accounts not receiving emails from SatelliteGuys.

I have gone through our system and did many checks of the servers using various tools and we are not on any blacklists

And all of our security is setup and functioning fine.

I have been in contact with Google and got a note back that it may take up to 2 weeks for them to respond.

I had to change my email address to a non gmail one to regain access. Just been too lazy to report it.

Reactions: pattykay
We had about 13 people get locked out because of this.

Two emailed me and let me know and I got them fixed.

No then went through all members and got the other 11 people fixed.

Glad it’s working again. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We have all that stuff.

We are being rejected due to low sender reputation. But when I check our reputation we are rated 99 out of 100. (In the positive.)

I have read online others having the same issue and to get it fixed they had to contact google and wait for them to fix it.

To get around it I am sending to members mail from a different domain (SatelliteGuys.com) using office 365 to host it.

As I said it costs us $4 a month but it’s worth it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have all that stuff.

We are being rejected due to low sender reputation. But when I check our reputation we are rated 99 out of 100. (In the positive.)

I have read online others having the same issue and to get it fixed they had to contact google and wait for them to fix it.

To get around it I am sending to members mail from a different domain (SatelliteGuys.com) using office 365 to host it.

As I said it costs us $4 a month but it’s worth it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Low sender reputation". Makes me wonder if somebody that doesn't like you (satelliteguys.us site that is) and has the ability, put the "fix in" against you.

• Angry
Reactions: TheKrell
"Low sender reputation". Makes me wonder if somebody that doesn't like you (satelliteguys.us site that is) and has the ability, put the "fix in" against you.
"Low sender reputation" may be different depending on which reputation reporting service you use. Obviously it doesn't get any better than the SenderScore score of 99 but if you query one of the other databases, the relative score may vary widely. Reputation Authority gives the site a 50-50 (I'll bet they don't have any data) as is the case with my personal non-published domain. Barracuda says the site is not listed among their questionable sites and Talos (Cisco) doesn't appear to have any data.

I'd guess that Google is developing their own metrics. Since they've bailed on most of their own forum products (Hangouts goes away in June so they don't really have an axe to grind ), I'm guessing their reputation system is simply in training.

There may or may not be some relief using Google's Postmaster Tools.

I had to change my email address to a non gmail one to regain access. Just been too lazy to report it.
The same here. At first, I thought that I had been placed on "vacation." But I changed my email address to Outlook, and it works.

We had about 13 people get locked out because of this.

Two emailed me and let me know and I got them fixed.

No then went through all members and got the other 11 people fixed.
I am not sure if I was counted as one of the 13, since I fixed it myself as soon as I found out about it. I actually prefer not having the email cluttering up my Gmail inbox, but I am too lazy to go to my profile and turn off email notifications. So, I will just leave it set for Outlook, which I do not check as often.

Quite awhile ago, when I was still using my Gmail address for SatelliteGuys emails, I used to have the SatelliteGuys emails sent to my Spam folder. So, I was probably the one out of 100 that didn't give you a positive rating. Sorry about that. I fixed that long before you started having these problems, though. When I stopped receiving emails from another site as frequently as I used to, that left my regular inbox relatively empty. So, I started having the SatelliteGuys emails go back to my regular inbox. This worked flawlessly for awhile. Then, a couple of SatelliteGuys emails ended up in my Spam folder, even though I had not changed any settings. I reported them as Not Spam, and I started getting them in my regular inbox again, until you started having these issues.

Reactions: navychop
Outlook, as well as Gmail, views e-mails being transferred into the Junk folder as a casual spam report if you're using IMAP (the long-time Internet standard) or MAPI (Microsoft's purchased entry into the ISO standards game). E(xtended)MAPI is the protocols underlying Outlook, Hotmail and Exchange Server and responsible for all those damned winmail.dat files.

Even the existing Microsoft Mail and Outlook clients from Microsoft make fairly easy (once you've taken a class in navigating the malignant mass that is the ribbon) to filter messages to other than the Junk folder.

My boss gets so much garbage mail (solicited spam) that he used to move everything into the Trash and then search there when someone called about an e-mail they sent. Sending to the Trash generally does not lead to a spam report but both risk automagically being deleted after a month.

Most of the mail from here was going right to spam, no matter how many times I tried to tell it it's not spam.

Most of the mail from here was going right to spam, no matter how many times I tried to tell it it's not spam.
In Gmail, other than the small glitch I mentioned before, it only went to Spam when I told it to send SatelliteGuys emails to Spam. In Outlook on the other hand, every SatelliteGuys email so far has gone directly to the Junk folder, without me changing any settings or telling Outlook that it is Junk. So, members who have Outlook accounts will probably eventually start having the same problem that Gmail users recently had. At that time, I will just switch my SatelliteGuys email back to Gmail. :biggrin2

As of 12:40EDT yesterday, all of my Satellite Guys notifications that are sent to my Earthlink account have gone to spam.

Fortunately (I think), I can whitelist the new mailbox (since the TLD is different).

Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any metadata in the messages stating the cause of the quarantine. There are signs that Earthlink sees valid SPF and DKIM information. In the DKIM information, it says there's no IP address associated with the sender -- something that is going on with the Microsoft information about there being no sender IPs associated with the SPF record.

Those messages are not being sent by Satelliteguys.us or our server, they are coming from Office365, which is Microsofts servers. Makes sense why there is no sender IP associated with it as its not a SatelliteGuys server.

Orbital Tracker Light Satellite Meter

Peaking/Poling Trainer or Simulator

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)