Enter to Win: Sponsors Super Satellite Sampler System - Contest Ends 2.28.2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.
  • What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?
I tell my friends and co-workers all the time about the great shows, news coverage, and radio feeds that are available. I love talking about sports feeds and commercial-free football games, as well as being able to see different camera feeds of games that are not available in the regular network feed.
or

• What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?
I became interested in FTA years ago when i was young (7 or 8) when I would play with my grandpa's C-band system. The knowledge that there was free (desirable) content out there to watch is what got me to buy my first FTA system in my teens. Curiosity, learning, and having interesting TV shows to watch was more than enough to get me to save my paper route money and put that neglected C-Band dish back into use after my grandpa switched to cable.

What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?

Was looking for an alternative to the tv antenna at my cottage. Then i stumbled upon this thing called FTA. Stated with one small 30" dish then another with a motor then another stationary dish and its been an adventure ever since. I have a perfect spot for that mini-bud!

"What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?"

I would tell her/him that she/he can watch tv from all over the world!. And what about sports, radio, etc. so much to watch.. too little time!. The fun never ends!

• What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?
or

• What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?
well, i have gotten a couple of my friends interested in fta.
i think an important part of getting someone interested in it is targeting advertising to people who use an antenna now that locals are in digital and see no need to pay a monthly fee for tv.
to many people like that, it is well worth it to pay once for equipment and get more digital tv from then on without more bills.
1. i would point out that with antenna and fta you can just about always find something to watch.
2. its free after the equipment is paid for.
3. a fta setup is a great upgrade (add-on) to an ota antenna system

the reasons i got into it are above, and also i love electronics and have been into satellite systems for years ;)
thanks for the contest!!!
Denny (with my fingers crossed:))

I've been into UHF communications for years and always wanted to scan the Ku/C bands. Then one day a fellow ham offered me a 31" dish and I haven't stopped E-W scanning since...Great package and SatelliteGuys and Sat Av are great people.

What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?

I would tell my friends and co-workers about the positive experience of owning a Free to Air satellite system. While you may pay more upfront for this type of satellite system, you will pay less in the long run for programming and other services. With ever increasing cable bills, poor customer service from the provider and confusing price tiers for certain channels, a Free to Air satellite system lets the individual customize the programming they want with a clear, crisp picture directly from the sky without the middleman. It's the best deal in satellite television.

I got into FTA when I couldn't convince my wife to swing for cable :) Actually, we're both pretty frugal and didn't even want to wast money on cable internet (until we actually got it. Then we couldn't lose it). I finally jumped into the hobby after about 5 years of waiting and love it. We get channels we're interested in an don't have to worry about paying $50 + a month for 200 channels that we watch only 5 or 6 of. I don't have to worry (for the most part) about my kids seeing channels meant for adults.
All in all, I got into it because of the promise of great programming for free and haven't been disappointed in the least!

Thanks!

* What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?

or

* What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?

Um, well, my dad saw that I can get PBS and RTV so he's been bugging me to help him with buying a satellite system. PBS clinched the deal. Both my mom and dad love PBS and miss it after the new digital stuff killed it over the air..

And there's old shows on RTV that they both would love to watch again.

Really, all I had to do was show them a few channels of what I can get and they want it now.

My friends though, think I'm a kook. They prefer to be lazy and watch cable or pizza satellite.

As to me setting it up for myself? Well, my ex had left behind an FTA system he built. I was going to throw it all away but on a whim I decided to see if it worked and it did. Finding RTV and White Springs initially are what hooked me.
I used to watch (actually listen to) Fashion TV for background noise back when the ex maintained it then it quit working.

I was able to tune in Fashion TV once again once some kind soul showed me how because they changed it to HD and I didn't know how to do that.

Since the demise of Equity, I lost the Patty Duke show, Mr. Ed, The Outer Limits, etc.. I also lost "this tv" and that sucks. So now I guess I'm going to have to install (actually have it installed for me) a big old ugly thing cband dish to get them back.

I really like the oldies stuff.

It looks like the prize is a pretty hefty grab bag of satellite goodness and would go a long way towards solving many of my problems. And there would still be enough goodies left over to get my mom and dad off to a good start as well.

Thank you for the chance to win some nice things!! :) @party

I have showed and told many people that I work with about FTA and showed them my small setup. It has gotten several people interested in FTA and saving money.

I bought my first system by accident after much reading on this site. I bid on a CS 4000 pro and won it and now am hooked. Has been awesome between the OTA and the ITC sat we have been able to watch TV that we could not afford before.

I got into FTA to provide Spanish channels for the wifey. Happy Wife Happy Life :D As an added bonus, I got into finding news feeds. :up

You guys are great! Thanks for awesome contest.

I first got into FTA a year ago. I happened across some receivers on Ebay when I was looking for a DVR for OTA broadcast recordings. When I learned that I could receive FTA and wildfeeds with a small dish (relative to BUDs) I was hooked. I new it was possible with C band, but I didn't know Ku existed.

Recently I moved, so I have been with out an FTA setup for a couple of months, but I'm working a temporary setup that I hope to have complete by this weekend. When Spring comes I will be able to put a pole in the ground.

It would be awesome to have a 1.2M dish motor to drive it. Not to mention all the other cool stuff.

Thanks again AV and WSI

We were interested in getting SkyAngel IPTV a little over 2 years ago and stumbled upon SatelliteGuys while researching SA. I started reading about FTA and decided to give it a try. Started out with a salvaged 90CM ChannelMaster dish and bought a Visionsat IV200 as my first receiver. Once I got my first signal, I was hooked!

Thanks to the sponsors for all the contests and to all those here I have gotten advice from on my FTA journey!

I got interested when a friend of mine was looking for a way to dump thier satellite provider and got me wondering what else was up there. I found this site along with some others that got me further interested. I ended up with a system before they did:)

I started in FTA so I could watch what networks were available on 123w at the time, Since there is very limited OTA in my area, and I dont want to pay for cable ill never watch I opted for FTA.

:)

What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system? In these economic times does it make sense paying for cable or satellite when you can get many channels for free.

What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system? Directv and Dishnet got too expensive. I have no cable access or broadcast TV access, so I either pay or find a way to watch without paying. FTA was the answer.

Awesome prize being offered.

What got me interested? I can't remember anymore what planted the seed in my mind, but I checked a book out from the library that talked about how satellite transmissions and dishes worked. The ability to get a usable video signal from a 30w transmitter 35000 miles away floored me. I was hooked -- had to get a Primestar dish and give it a try. So I did and put it up on a H-H motor over Christmas break 2002. Enjoyed the British comedies on Montana PBS and the stuff on G10R mostly. Almost exclusively on RTV now, but would love to turn it into a mini-BUD at some point.
___
Neil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts