equipment combo

THUNDERJETT922

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
WEST TEXAS
i am about to install a second set of dishes at an off site location. I have been given some equipment and was wanting to make sure it would work the 1st dish is a dishpro with dual lnb's a dish 300 w/single lnb for local channels and a dp34 switch . also where do i point the dish to get the signal for local channels , i am going to use an existing reciver and carry it back and forth

It would be pretty unusual for a Dish500 to have 2 DP LNBs though common to have 2 legacy dual LNBs. Make sure those LNBs have a dp logo on them because you can't mix legacy and DP switches and LNBs. Or did you mean the Dish500 has a DP Twin? If this is just for 1 receiver you could use a DP Twin, DP Single, and a DP21 instead of the DP34. BTW, which receiver?

well thats what i needed to know the single is a legacy and the other is a dp twin and if im reading everything right you cant use a legacy lnb on a dp switch -right?

THUNDERJETT922 said:
well thats what i needed to know the single is a legacy and the other is a dp twin and if im reading everything right you cant use a legacy lnb on a dp switch -right?
DishPro and Legacy gear can NOT be mixed in the same installation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)