Equipment from a local retailer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
My buddy has Time Warner Cable and lost FOX this past week. He now wants to make the switch to DirecTV. I see that there is a great deal right now for new customers that expires in 3 days. He wants to get in on this deal asap. I see our sponsor, Plasma Concepts, has the same deal just as my local Best Buy. I would love for him to use a sponsor of ours but, like I said he wants the system up and running asap (by next weekend for football). I told him I would help with the install.

My only question is this…

He will get a 4 room system with one of the receivers being a HD DVR. That’s a total of 5 tuners minimum. If he gets the equipment from Best Buy, will the Slimline have the SWM LNB with this amount of tuners being used? I know DirecTV includes the SWM LNB with 5 tuners but, has it filtered down to the retailers as well?

Thanks in advance.

DirecTV don't give a dish, they just sell the equip and enter an order to Directv. You'd still be waiting for an install.

The only way to get immediate would be a local retailer that can do the install faster, or would be willing to sell the equip and not install (but that is very rare - hugely increases their chance of chargeback).

I talked to Best Buy and was told that I get the equipment and wait for an install by them. I then asked if I could just install myself to avoid waiting then cancel the installation appointment, and they said sure. Do you think that they will have the SWM LNB Slimeline though?

I talked to Best Buy and was told that I get the equipment and wait for an install by them. I then asked if I could just install myself to avoid waiting then cancel the installation appointment, and they said sure. Do you think that they will have the SWM LNB Slimeline though?
Best Buy does not do their own installs for D*...they send the info to D8 and they set up the install with whoever they deal with in your area. Also, I am pretty sure that if you are a new subscriber, you do not leave the store with any equipment, you just pay the leasing fee and then the installers show up with your equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts