Equipment Upgrade Deal

jerrya72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Northern Michigan
I just upgraded my equipment and got what I thougt was a good deal so I thought I'd pass it on. I have a 622, 301 and a single tuner SD DVR. I just upgraded the SD receivers to a second 622 and here is what I got.

622 Free $75 if I wanted a 722
HBO/Showtime free for 3 months(Even though I already subscribe to both channels.)
$5 off my bill for 10 months. Not sure why but I wasn't going to complain.

Of course this all comes with a new 24 month commitment.

Thursday I received a "Thank You" in the mail from Dish Network with 3 offers in it.

1. Free DVR or HD DVR upgrade.
2. Free Platinum HD for 3 months.
3. Showtime and HBO free for 3 months.

#2 and #3 sound like stuff Dish was either already offering or is irrelevant (have HD Absolute), but I called about #1 and tomorrow afternoon Dish is scheduled to install a 722k to replace my 622.

All I had to pay is the $29.99 for the OTA module and agree to a 24 month committment (I just used Dish'n It Up in April to get a 211k, so this is no big deal).

In addition the CSR gave me a Dish Loyalty discount (been with Dish for over 6 years) of $10 per month for the next 12 months.

I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow, I've got to transfer a bunch of my grandson's Disney programs to an EHD before the swapout.

Keeping a close eye on my account, the $75 credit for the 722k, the $29.99 CCD charge and payment and two of the $10 monthly rebates are already on my next month's bill.

Now that tech better have a 722k on his truck.

Remote Access and AAD-HD

dish 500 pointing dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts