Erie, PA NBC, CBS contract with DTV (Agreement Reached)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Well I'm watching the olympics tonight here in Erie and a crawl comes across the screen saying that if an agreement isn't reached between the NBC affiliate which also happens to own the CBS affiliate in my town then the stations will be dropped. OK so I'm figuring they'll be dropped in the next month or so. So that sucks but at least I'll get to watch the olympics and then figure out if I want to stick with DTV without NBC and CBS. Nope the agreement ends tomorrow so they're gone at 5 pm if an agreement isn't made. Wtf. Thanks for the 18 hr. heads up. Anyway I'm not even done with the first year of my 2 yr contract. Do I have any recourse or will they just tell me tough ****. I'd just throw up an antenna and not worry a second about it if it weren't for the fact that the NBC affiliate is impossible to pick up. They must have the weakest signal in the USA for a major channel.

another dispute. This time with Lilly Brodcasting

Stations in the bunch
ABC's in Flint, Toledo, Elmira NY
CBS in Elmira and Erie
NBC in Erie

if you remember when Erie first got local channels Lilly Brodcasting Company was very difficult , so i hope this dispute don't last too long

Last edited:
The Local NBC here on the local Cable company IS OFF the air as well, it's been off for quite awhile now and we thought that it would be back on in time for the Olympics, but it's not ... looks like NBC is asking a unreasonable amount of money for a channel in 3rd or 4th place in the Big 4 of our market.

No agreement in sight ...

Now, in the middle of the week last week I started hearing that D* subs could be losing the Local ABC 13abc.com in Toledo, Ohio.

I have heard this for about 4 days now and that the drop dead date was Monday night ... (tonight).

Tonight on the news they gave thier 30 second update and let us all know that D* and 13 ABC have come to an agreement !!!! :)

Kudo's to D* and 13abc !!!!!!

yes jimbo directv and Lilly broadcasting did reach an agreement.

Stations in the bunch
ABC's in Flint, Toledo, Elmira NY
CBS in Elmira and Erie
NBC in Erie

And yet again paying for something we can get for free....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They make their station near impossible to pick up with an ota. Your average person is not want to get out on their roof and install an antenna. And even if they do that isn't free. If they had a legit signal you'd have a point. Their ploy is to get more money through cable and sat subs. I guess it's working.

The Local NBC here on the local Cable company IS OFF the air as well, it's been off for quite awhile now and we thought that it would be back on in time for the Olympics, but it's not ... looks like NBC is asking a unreasonable amount of money for a channel in 3rd or 4th place in the Big 4 of our market.

No agreement in sight ...

That's because that station got taken over by Sinclair (the greediest station owner in the country) and as usual they want more money no matter what happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)