Error 3005 - Cannot download VOD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaelae

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
New Jersey
Strange issue this weekend that I was able to fix. I had DirecTV installed on Saturday and VOD didn't work which I figured was normal. But 24 hours later it still didn't work. After selecting something for download, it would immediately show up in my history of recorded shows as "canceled - Program cannot be downloaded, Error 3005". I checked the traffic on my router and it seems that my ISP's DNS Servers (Cablevision), block or misroute traffic for DirecTV's VOD. I noticed other people with similar issue and I am betting this is the reason.

I ended up using opendns.com (I just happened to have it disabled this weekend after i got a new router) which let's you configure your DNS servers to point to theirs which is free and seems to have a better DNS network. As soon as I changed my DNS to this all VOD downloads started working without a problem.

Hopefully this helps someone else with a similar issue.

I would say this is just a matter of temporary dns issues. When I saw this thread I called a friend who lives in a Cablevision area (Long Island ) and had him check he uses cablevision dns servers had no problem downloading content. If a bunch of people start having the issue then I could see about submitting something to corporate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts