ESPN Actually Wants to Broadcast a Super Bowl

:confused: Of course all networks promo their shows during the SB. Those spots advertising NBC shows are built in to the total advertising time and was a reason I stated earlier why the networks are willing to pay the exhorbitant rates for televising NFL games.

NBC sold all of their commercial spots they had to offer and set a record doing so.

How do we know how many NBC added to fill the spots ?

Yes all networks promo thier shows, but to the excess that they were ?

I have a copy of the SB sitting here, but I'm not going to watch it tonight just to count how many NBC promos they had :D

Jimbo

How do we know how many NBC added to fill the spots ?
I've offered a link that said NBC sold out all of the available time they had. Do you have one that says otherwise??

Yes all networks promo thier shows, but to the excess that they were ?
Yes. Look at the now common practice of airing a new episode of a show immediately following the game. Did you watch the WS last year and see the FOX series stars at the games? They all whore their prime-time programming

I have a copy of the SB sitting here, but I'm not going to watch it tonight just to count how many NBC promos they had :D
And when you do, look back at other SB's and you'll see the same....

:confused: Of course all networks promo their shows during the SB. Those spots advertising NBC shows are built in to the total advertising time and was a reason I stated earlier why the networks are willing to pay the exhorbitant rates for televising NFL games.

NBC sold all of their commercial spots they had to offer and set a record doing so.
Yes all networks hype their own shows, but they have the luxury of doing during the game. When you have to give up SB ad slots to promote GE wind turbines, something no individual is going to be able to buy, you've got a problem.

This is all so overblown, everyone overreacting over a headline and not the specific context.

He'd have said the same thing if he was asked if they were going to make more original dramatic serial programming, he'd have said 'well we did Playmakers, and if you asked me 15 years ago if we would have any original programming outside of Sportscenter then I'd say probably not, so really can't rule anything out'

OMG ESPN WANTS TO BROADCAST DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

This is all so overblown, everyone overreacting over a headline and not the specific context.

He'd have said the same thing if he was asked if they were going to make more original dramatic serial programming, he'd have said 'well we did Playmakers, and if you asked me 15 years ago if we would have any original programming outside of Sportscenter then I'd say probably not, so really can't rule anything out'

OMG ESPN WANTS TO BROADCAST DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

I can't see Days moving off free tv. It wouldn't last on ESPN.;):D

It's all fun and games till someone gets possessed by the devil.

Marlena-Levitating-727377.jpg

For continuity reasons, I strongly feel that if ABC wants to broadcast the Super Bowl or World Series again, they have to broadcast regular season games too. That would be like if ABC never broadcast an NBA game all year except the NBA Finals. Then again, ABC doesn't even broadcast the NBA All-Star Game (instead, it's on TNT).

They're doing exactly this with college basketball this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)