ESPN HD Programming Not Available

reuben432

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
I live in Sacramento, CA and last night I noticed on ESPN HD it showed up in the guide that the Oakland A's were playing. When I tuned into the channel i received a popup indicating that the programming was not available to me. WTF?? How can it show up in the guide, not red or green and not be available to me? Is there something extra I have to signup for to get these games via ESPN? If it helps, I have HD Absolute

It probably was on an "alternate " channel. Same thing for me with the astros mon nite. It was on espn2, but when i went to espn2 it said, "not available" etc.
I then went to the alternate channels and it was on there.

The Yankees game was blacked out yesterday here in Connecticut...

Unfortunately still couldnt watch it on Dish as it does not carry the YES Network.

It probably was on an "alternate " channel. Same thing for me with the astros mon nite. It was on espn2, but when i went to espn2 it said, "not available" etc.
I then went to the alternate channels and it was on there.

What alternate channel's are available, sorry if I sound ignorant. Maybe you can just pm it to me??

Alternate channels for your local RSN. If you don't subscribe to your local RSN, you're not gonna watch the games. They are blacked out per MLB rules.

That was one of the main reasons why HD Absolute was a NO-NO package for me.

I should NOT have to babysit the DVR.

HDMI version on 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts