Eureka thread

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Strange, I realized the last thread on Eureka is over a year old, so I created a new one.

I am liking this new season. James Callis has made a nice addition to the cast, and like his alter ego Baltar, he is definitely sneaky, even though he hasn't really done anything yet. The alternate universe has been interesting, and given it something fresh.

Also enjoyed the Eureka / Warehouse 13 crossover, even though the premise of W13 is based basically on almost supernatural artifacts and Eureka on futuristic science. The Claudia - Fargo interactions were fun.

This season has started rather slowly. I also think that it has become rather dark for all the main characters which doesn't bode well.

I'm having significant trouble with Callis' difficulties in hiding his accent. It adds a heaping helping of Baltar to a character that shouldn't be seen that way.

I think the Dr. Grant character has considerable overlap with the Henry Deacon character.

The Deputy Andy metamorphosis was a cheap shot.

The time travel was a convenient plot device to make all the changes they wanted to make in the new season. I just view it as scifi lite and entertaining as such. They used time travel/memory erasing before to reset a season.

This is not a science fiction invention as applied to TV. Dream sequences have been used in the past to change the course of a show. The most notable was probably Dallas.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_sequence"]Dream sequence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I thought the same initially, but don't think it is going to happen. Jack has enough problems with Dr. Grant, doesn't need Nathan too. :)
Looks like it will be happening.

Nathan Stark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It has been revealed through a preview of season 4 at comi-con that Nathan will return to Eureka in season 4, if this is the original Nathan (the accident in season 3 could have sent him to the alternate timeline) or the one from the alternate timeline remains to be seen.

i enjoyed this week's episode. Particularly when Fargo yelled "get in if you want to live." :D

Just good fun. And I am thrilled that we get a full run of 22 episodes this year.

I really like the show as well.

And its Friday! Best night on tv for now: Eureka, Pillars of the Earth, and Haven (which does not really qualify, even though Emily Rose is darn cute) records as well. My DVR is busy.

I hate that Pillars is almost over. :(

hmm... an old character returned tonight, and another next week.

I actually thought the one Grant saw would be the other. Was disappointed to see who it was, never did like her. Be cool to see the other next week though, should be a shock to Carter when he sees him.

Kinda wish Syfy hadn't ruined the surprise with the previews though.

hmm... an old character returned tonight, and another next week.

I actually thought the one Grant saw would be the other. Was disappointed to see who it was, never did like her. Be cool to see the other next week though, should be a shock to Carter when he sees him.

Kinda wish Syfy hadn't ruined the surprise with the previews though.

I haven't seen it yet, and now I am curious; need to remember what old female character they could be bringing back. I know who the second one is of course. Not thrilled by the idea of regurgitating the old conflicts. Still, this has been a good season.

I wonder if they will address what happened to those they "replaced", ie, the other Henry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)