European Soccer on DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nathan

Aug 24, 2005
Hi.

I was wondering if I can watch European Soccer (or World Cup) on DirecTV? If so, which plan do I need or can I add just the soccer channel?

I'm new to all this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Nathan

Chado

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 11, 2005
Orlando, FL
Nathan said:
Hi.

I was wondering if I can watch European Soccer (or World Cup) on DirecTV? If so, which plan do I need or can I add just the soccer channel?

I'm new to all this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Nathan

Luckily you have a few options. You can get the Sports Pack which includes Fox Soccer Channel which covers English Premiership games and German Soccer. The Sports Pack also covers GOL TV which covers La Liga and other Spanish Leagues. For an extra $12 you can get Setana Sports which carries a mixture of leagues as well as more UEFA Champions League matches than you will get on ESPN2. Setana is the only channel you can order ala carte.

Hope this helps.

Tonedeaf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2004
Rockwall, TX
All World Cup games will be broadcast in HD from ABC, ESPN1&2 HD channels this coming summer. Looking forward to all of the games in HD. :)

douweb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 4, 2003
Also all games for the Worldcup 2006 in Germany (not qualifiers) will be broadcast live by the ABC/ESPN/EPSN2 channels ... in HD.

bosstone

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 11, 2004
Asheville, NC
fox soccer channel = epl + fa cup, french, italian (the not so good teams), german (tape delayed), uefa cup, mls, usl a-league, argentina, wcq from europe and euro friendlies, and sky sports news.
gol tv = italian (get the top teams), la liga, brazil, then a bunch of south/central american leagues
setanta = english championship/league 1 + carling cup, SPL + FA Cup, German, champs league, wcq from europe, and euro friendlies. plus all chelsea/man u games delayed a few days and vintage chelsea/man u games.

HDVoomer

SatelliteGuys Family
May 25, 2004
There is RealMadrid TV, which broadcasts now in English and should be available to the U.S. now. Nobody has started to carry the channel just yet, but one would think that DirecTV will eventually.

hebmeister

May 24, 2005
bosstone said:
fox soccer channel = epl + fa cup, french, italian (the not so good teams), german (tape delayed), ...QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Saturday morning broadcast of the Bundesliga game is live. If it's not live, it's delayed by less than an hour or so.

Chado

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 11, 2005
Orlando, FL
I tell you, as much as I love Fox Soccer Channel, the majority of my attention to the channel is on Sat. Its really awesome to have the early Premiership game on at 7:30 and then the Bundes Liga after that. Followed by a couple more Premiership match ups. You really can't beat it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)