Even Sony knows Blu-Ray isn't ready for prime time

That has nothing to do with Sony thinking BD is not ready for prime-time.

It's a horrible abomination on humanity. It does not even deserve the celluloid wasted on filming it.

I would rather see good movies then crapola so maybe we should applaud Sony for not wasting money on this one?

My actual point was that HDM is still way too niche. Almost no one (Thank you, First Look and Opus Arte!) is putting out small stuff onto Blu-Ray or HD DVD despite everyone crowing and bitching about we won this week. We got Transformers. Blah. Blah. Blah.

Universal didn't release the latest American Pie straight to DVD on HD DVD. Fox (okay bad example) didn't release the musical Once onto Blu. What is weird is that Universal didn't day and date Razor, but that's another matter.

Sony is arguably the studio with the most to gain from HDM. Warner and Universal put out more titles. However, Sony (and Lionsgate) is no slouch. I would think they would want to put more Blu-Rays into the channel. The big elephant in the room is DVD. They can't rest on their laurels after paying off Warner.

(Offtopic: I did bid on a used PS3 on E-bay today. My $50 wasn't enough to win. :p)

My actual point was that HDM is still way too niche. Almost no one (Thank you, First Look and Opus Arte!) is putting out small stuff onto Blu-Ray or HD DVD despite everyone crowing and bitching about we won this week. We got Transformers. Blah. Blah. Blah.
That I will agree with, however you are kind of falling into the same crowd that you talk about with the simple title of the thread. I get the sarcasm though.

That I will agree with, however you are kind of falling into the same crowd that you talk about with the simple title of the thread. I get the sarcasm though.

Agreed. Nothing against you allargon or THIS post, but people were all over me for a couple of weeks for posting articles, so I stopped because I did agree posting every single stinking piece you can find just starts arguments and is not needed(we know the end game at this point). Now that Ive quit, people from BOTH sides have gladly picked up the slack. The pot calls the kettle black daily in this forum. :down

A couple of folks on satguys have stated bad sportmanship in their reasoning of going back to dvd and vhs. If you look at 50% of the thread titles in here, the red camp is just as guilty.

Maybe they should put down there HDDVD players too and really enjoy that VHS/DVD sportsmanship :haha

Sure there is small stuff. There are even B-movie double features and things like Girls Gone Wild.

I think once you have GGW, that's as mainstream as it gets. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)