ex-Penn State coach Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
It boggles my mind that there were so many instances that were witnessed and reported dating back to 1998 and that nothing was ever done.unbelievable and sick.

But this DOES fall under "lack of institutional control" because you have a AD and a coach that KNEW they had a child molesting predator working for them and did just about nothing to resolve the issue. Hell, they didn't even call the local authorities.

This thread isn't about OSU and their problems it's about Penn State and IMO Joe should be gone because of it.

I'm not overly familiar with the facts behind this story---not do I want to be---but there doesnt appear to be a smoking-gun that would lead to Joe's retirement/resignation - at least based on what I've read about the story.

riffjim4069 said:
I'm not overly familiar with the facts behind this story---not do I want to be---but there doesnt appear to be a smoking-gun that would lead to Joe's retirement/resignation - at least based on what I've read about the story.

I wonder how much a break Paterno's getting because he is...well, Joe Paterno.

riffjim4069 said:

This is his last year of his contract, he should of done more than just tell his boss. He should be gone.

Sent from my Galaxy using SatelliteGuys

This is his last year of his contract, he should of done more than just tell his boss. He should be gone.

He wanted no part of what was going on. Paterno just passed the buck so that someone ELSE had that responsibility. I, as a father of 2 young children, could NOT let something so digusting go unreported to the local police. As a coach, father and a human being...it was his responsibility AS WELL to report it to the cops since he was told 1st before anyone else.

Sandusky, Curley, and Shultz should all go to prison for this. As far as Paterno, he was obviously turning a blind eye to cover his ass, but he's apparently done after this year, has one foot in the grave, so why bother. Like some of you said, his legacy will be questioned because of this, which in some way you can call his punishment.

And as for you tOSU fans using something this disturbing and criminal to make your team look better (or whatever the hell you're doing), I really don't know what to say.

Last edited:
Sandusky, Curley, and Shultz should all go to prison for this. As far as Paterno, he was obviously turning a blind eye to cover his ass, but he's apparently done after this year, has one foot in the grave, so why bother. Like some of you said, his legacy will be questioned because of this, which in some way you can call his punishment.

And as for you tOSU fans using something this disturbing and criminal to make your team look better (or whatever the hell you're doing), I really don't know what to say.

Thats probably as bad as anything you could do to him at this point.

salsadancer7 said:
He wanted no part of what was going on. Paterno just passed the buck so that someone ELSE had that responsibility. I, as a father of 2 young children, could NOT let something so digusting go unreported to the local police. As a coach, father and a human being...it was his responsibility AS WELL to report it to the cops since he was told 1st before anyone else.

Oh you should hear the JoePa fan boys on the local sports radio shows saying that he didn't have to do anymore and how it's not his fault.

He needs to go.

Oh you should hear the JoePa fan boys on the local sports radio shows saying that he didn't have to do anymore and how it's not his fault.

He needs to go.

I can ONLY imagine. I am sure if it was THERE kids that was sexually molested...it would be a completely different story.

This almost gets uglier by the hour....

...THIS story will go down as the ugliest incident to ever happen in college football or all of college sports. The matter of how it was treated(or not treated actudally), not reported and the possible outcome of NOT reporting to the authorities on time is WAY BEYOND what happened when SMU got the "death penalty".

(CNN) -- Pennsylvania's attorney general would not rule out Monday the possibility of additional charges or the discovery of more victims in the case of a former Penn State university football coach accused of sexually abusing boys between 1994 and 2009.

Speaking at a news conference, Attorney General Linda Kelly urged anyone with information about the case to come forward, particularly the unidentified boy whom a graduate assistant testified seeing having sex with former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky in 2002.

She said the alleged failure of two top Penn State university officials to report abuse claims likely perpetuated a nightmarish loop of abuse.

"Their inaction likely allowed a child predator to continue to victimize children for many, many years," Kelly said of Penn State Athletic Director Timothy Curley, 57, and Gary Schultz, 62, the university's senior vice president for finance and business.

The men, each charged with one count of perjury and one count of failure to report suspected abuse, were released Monday on $75,000 bail each after an arraignment hearing in a small courtroom packed with reporters. They appeared flanked by their attorneys, each of whom said the men were innocent of the charges and they would fight to clear their names.

Sandusky is accused of abusing eight boys and is charged with involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and numerous other charges. He was released Saturday on $100,000 bail. His attorney, Joseph Amendola, did not return a message from CNN seeking comment Monday. Amendola earlier told CNN affiliate WJAC that Sandusky has known about the allegations for three years.

More charges, victims possible in Penn State sex abuse case - CNN.com

Oh you should hear the JoePa fan boys on the local sports radio shows saying that he didn't have to do anymore and how it's not his fault...
To be fair, I have heard other Penn State fans on talk shows here in Cincy calling for his head, saying if he was a man he would resign.

He's gotten so old he's lost touch with reality. Sad. Personally, I think he should've retired long ago, and I bet he wishes that himself now.

mccoyrj said:
To be fair, I have heard other Penn State fans on talk shows here in Cincy calling for his head, saying if he was a man he would resign.

He's gotten so old he's lost touch with reality. Sad. Personally, I think he should've retired long ago, and I bet he wishes that himself now.

The reporters here are saying he should resign

This thread isn't about OSU and their problems it's about Penn State and IMO Joe should be gone because of it.

If you guys would have read the rest of the posts around it, you would know why the Bucks were mentioned.

Seeing the Tattoos was mentioned.... :rolleyes:

But this DOES fall under "lack of institutional control" because you have a AD and a coach that KNEW they had a child molesting predator working for them and did just about nothing to resolve the issue. Hell, they didn't even call the local authorities.

Thus an NCAA VIOLATION ....

Thank you Salsa.

1st line of the post answers that ....

CONTROL" IS DEFINED IN COMMON-SENSE TERMS.

There is NOTHING "Common Sense" about the WHOLE deal in Happy Valley.
What Common Sense was being used while kids were being Molested ?

Thus an NCAA VIOLATION ....

Thank you Salsa.
It's sad that you are still trying to use the terrible events at Penn State to make you feel better about what tOSU did.

tOSU broke NCAA rules, got caught, and faced the punishments handed down by the NCAA. What NCAA rules were violated that would cause what happened at Penn State to be under their jurisdiction??
(Hint: None. If found guilty, those involved will wish it was as simple as serving a 5-game suspension.)

I don't see what the NCAA can do about this .and those who know what they're talking about say "nothing".

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Week 5 Picks (Thursday Game)

Detroit Lions legend Alex Karras has passed away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)