Is Youtube Sunday Ticket in trouble?

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Aside from the pending litigation, is Sunday Ticket in deeper trouble? When Sunday Ticket was acquired by YTTV it was estimated they needed approx 4.5 million new subs to break even. Current estimates for this season thus far is a measly 1.5 million subs. Morgan Stanley estimates YTTV will lose about 1.2 billion dollars just this year over Sunday Ticket. It appears some signs are already surfacing; buffering issues have shown up and YTTV is now offering 50% off for the remainder of the season. A sign of desperation? Sometimes what looks like a pot of gold is just a bucket of brass. :oops:

YouTube’s NFL Sunday Ticket Facing $1.27 Billion in Annual Losses

Reactions: navychop
Aside from the pending litigation, is Sunday Ticket in deeper trouble? When Sunday Ticket was acquired by YTTV it was estimated they needed approx 4.5 million new subs to break even. Current estimates for this season thus far is a measly 1.5 million subs. Morgan Stanley estimates YTTV will lose about 1.2 billion dollars just this year over Sunday Ticket. It appears some signs are already surfacing; buffering issues have shown up and YTTV is now offering 50% off for the remainder of the season. A sign of desperation? Sometimes what looks like a pot of gold is just a bucket of brass. :oops:

YouTube’s NFL Sunday Ticket Facing $1.27 Billion in Annual Losses
Google has deep pockets, they are not hurting for money!

Aside from the pending litigation, is Sunday Ticket in deeper trouble? When Sunday Ticket was acquired by YTTV it was estimated they needed approx 4.5 million new subs to break even. Current estimates for this season thus far is a measly 1.5 million subs. Morgan Stanley estimates YTTV will lose about 1.2 billion dollars just this year over Sunday Ticket.
And since they signed the contract, YTTV has picked up over a million subscribers , in the first three quarters of this year, DirecTV has lost 1.5 Million, total Satellite subscriber’s numbers are about 7.5 Million, in 2016, before AT&T bought them, DirecTV had over 20 Million.

It appears some signs are already surfacing; buffering issues have shown up
one week, two weeks ago, since fixed.
and YTTV is now offering 50% off for the remainder of the season.
DirecTV did the same thing in the middle of the season.
A sign of desperation? Sometimes what looks like a pot of gold is just a bucket of brass. :oops:
Here we go again, Google will be really hurting because of Sunday Ticket, going to put them out of business since they did not sell enough packages. :rolleyes:

• Alphabet gross profit for the quarter ending June 30, 2023 was $42.688B, a 7.85% increase year-over-year.
  • Alphabet gross profit for the twelve months ending June 30, 2023 was $160.503B, a 1.7% increase year-over-year.
  • Alphabet total assets for the quarter ending June 30, 2023 were $383.044B, a 7.84% increase year-over-year.
  • Alphabet cash on hand for the quarter ending June 30, 2023 was $118B

Reactions: AZ.
Why would I pay full price for only half of the games.
The post I quoted and responded to said, "YTTV is now offering 50% off for the remainder of the season".

So you would not pay full price for only half of the games in that instance.

Reactions: Jimbo
The post I quoted and responded to said, "YTTV is now offering 50% off for the remainder of the season".

I was responding to the OP through you. It makes sense to have a discount halfway through the season.

In fact I’d consider picking up the second half.

Reactions: Ronnie-
In actually reading the link, the title and first paragraph or so aside, it paints a pretty good picture of ST through YTTV, and the future of not just the NFL product, but YTTV in general.

It seems like both sides are well pleased with the investment so far.

In actually reading the link, the title and first paragraph or so aside, it paints a pretty good picture of ST through YTTV, and the future of not just the NFL product, but YTTV in general.

It seems like both sides are well pleased with the investment so far.
Considering the gains YTTV have made and will continue to, I would assume they are.

Since the amount of those leaving Cable/Satellite are increasing, YTTV gains then will also go up.

Considering the gains YTTV have made and will continue to, I would assume they are.

Since the amount of those leaving Cable/Satellite are increasing, YTTV gains then will also go up.
A lot of people probably didn’t know what YTTV was before this year.

And now for most of the next decade (and probably going forward barring anything unforseen) it will be publicized along w/ the most popular sport in the US, which benefits many other facets of their business

Something that's given a value of $0 in debates like this, for some reason.

It had over 5 Million.before ST, but for the most part I would agree with you.

Google is so weird with marketing, it seems like they put a product out first, wait to see if it has any legs ( chance of success) on it’s own, if so, then they put money into it.

Look at how many things they have dropped or just leave it on their own, to die off.

It had over 5 Million.before ST, but for the most part I would agree with you.

Google is so weird with marketing, it seems like they put a product out first, wait to see if it has any legs ( chance of success) on it’s own, if so, then they put money into it.

Look at how many things they have dropped or just leave it on their own, to die off.
They let most everything they create die off.

For regular price can they make the Patriots stop sucking?

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo