Extant

I haven´t watched the episode, I guess it´s stil about the hybrids or ETs trying to conquer earth or something, and then the robots defending humans,or something.

Maybe, (no promises) I´ll get to watch tonight´s episode during the rest of the week,....mm or the weekend....maybe.

I'll keep watching , it is summer and there is nothing but slim pickings anyway.
slim1.jpg

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I think it looks like they might just be wrapping up this story this summer. I don't see where they go after this stand off between the humans, humantics and hybrids.

I just couldn´t follow this season, I tried, but I just couldn´t, last episode I was more focused on HB, than anything else.
I recognized the hybrid is a young adult now,
Anyway, this season didn´t work for me.

I am following the story and it makes sense to me. The title is called EXTANT or EXTINCT in our case. IF the Aliens continue to mate with earth women and their dna from the baby changes the mother to a hybrid, that means we will be literally be F*cked out of existence. They will keep breeding at a terrific rate , and in like 6 months and they rule the earth. So like the Battle Star Galactica plot ender, the humans and cyclons breed together and formed what we became today on earth. SO the plot of this show will be either war between humans and their proxy the humantics and the hybrids or we will coexist with the aliens, till we humans dies out and they become the supreme race or the new earthlings.

That plot sounds like something really interesting, BTW, last series that I saw with a similar concept was The Event, well kinda, the aliens mated with humans, and there were some hybrids.
Same ol´story from Genesis 6, you know the evil angels mating w female humans creating they hybrid nephilim.
I was really into that show The Event, but unfortunately for me it was cancelled, without giving it some closure.

I am following the story and it makes sense to me. The title is called EXTANT or EXTINCT in our case. IF the Aliens continue to mate with earth women and their dna from the baby changes the mother to a hybrid, that means we will be literally be F*cked out of existence. They will keep breeding at a terrific rate , and in like 6 months and they rule the earth. So like the Battle Star Galactica plot ender, the humans and cyclons breed together and formed what we became today on earth. SO the plot of this show will be either war between humans and their proxy the humantics and the hybrids or we will coexist with the aliens, till we humans dies out and they become the supreme race or the new earthlings.
Not exactly a bad idea with a look at any news story.

I for one hope there is a better human species in the future. As I can't picture the current one being welcome in the galactic community.

So the plot or idea is that the hybrids replace the human beings ? :eek

That idea doesn´t sound new to me.:rolleyes:
It reminds me of something I´ve been researching on, if you´re interested in that idea and let´s say bring it out of the sci-fi field into the possibility of something real, I´d recommend a book by Dr. Jacobs - The Threat.

So the plot or idea is that the hybrids replace the human beings ? :eek

That idea doesn´t sound new to me.:rolleyes:
It reminds me of something I´ve been researching on, if you´re interested in that idea and let´s say bring it out of the sci-fi field into the possibility of something real, I´d recommend a book by Dr. Jacobs - The Threat.

Surely, it's not about the human race being replaced by robots or hybrids?

Not exactly a bad idea with a look at any news story.

I for one hope there is a better human species in the future. As I can't picture the current one being welcome in the galactic community.

We always assume that the galactic community is smarter and more advanced then we are. What if they aren't and WE are the more advanced and smarter? What if they are nothing but a savage group of cannibals still running around in fur loin clothes? Imagine the reception we would get if we ever landed on one of their planets?

Reminds me of that classic episode of the Twilight Zone: "To Serve Man." The 9 feet tall aliens with huge craniums land on our planet , give us great technology to protect us from each other from war,like force fields and teach us to grow enough food to solve all our starvation problems. Humans start flying on the alien spaceships to go to the aliens planets for tourism. Then the U.S. cryptologists finally decipher the alien book left by the aliens. The female cryptologist tell her co worker from the ground , only after the lead cryptologist makes it on the gang plank and can't get off the ship. The book title "To Serve Man"... It's a cookbook! Then the alien shuts the guy up in the ship and he won't eat his food while he flying to the planet. The aliens keep saying to him :"You haven't eaten your food Mr. Johnson, your losing weight..." So don't assume that the aliens wouldn't do the same thing to us if we ever had them land on our planet. We could just be cattle for them to slaughter and eat.:oldsmile

Reactions: DJdish
We always assume that the galactic community is smarter and more advanced then we are. What if they aren't and WE are the more advanced and smarter? What if they are nothing but a savage group of cannibals still running around in fur loin clothes? Imagine the reception we would get if we ever landed on one of their planets?

Reminds me of that classic episode of the Twilight Zone: "To Serve Man." The 9 feet tall aliens with huge craniums land on our planet , give us great technology to protect us from each other from war,like force fields and teach us to grow enough food to solve all our starvation problems. Humans start flying on the alien spaceships to go to the aliens planets for tourism. Then the U.S. cryptologists finally decipher the alien book left by the aliens. The female cryptologist tell her co worker from the ground , only after the lead cryptologist makes it on the gang plank and can't get off the ship. The book title "To Serve Man"... It's a cookbook! Then the alien shuts the guy up in the ship and he won't eat his food while he flying to the planet. The aliens keep saying to him :"You haven't eaten your food Mr. Johnson, your losing weight..." So don't assume that the aliens wouldn't do the same thing to us if we ever had them land on our planet. We could just be cattle for them to slaughter and eat.:oldsmile

Man, I´m a Twilight Zone junkie, and that episode is one of my all time faves :D

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination........"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)