F/D ratio of New DirecTV (DIRECTV AU9-SL3 Three LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna and SL-3 LNB Combo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TELE Frontier

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
Flat Panel Antenna
Hello,

Regarding the title, I like to know approximately distance from the center of dish to LNB horn.

It is because I am away from your great country.

Actually I can get the measurement of this dish like 22.5 in. x 32.5 in.from website

However, I dont see the distance F/D ratio for it.

Anybody got this specification?

Thanks in advance,

I have no idea, but wouldn't this measurement be dependent on the geometry of the reflector?

BTW, how's the flat panel antenna project coming along?

Yes, it depends on geometry of the reflector but the problem is that I dont know even if it is elliptical or parabolar.

USA Phase 1 18 inches dish is surely parabolar and its F/D ratio looks similar to any other 18 inches or 45cm offset dish. SO it was simple.

But The recent slimline dish of USA looks much longer distance of focal point from main reflector and that is why I try to get the info on it to presume for my reference.

BTW, I have some project for USA operator because USA DBS market looks like almost "closed market" monopolized by two operators but I am just curious of what made you think of my having project.

Thanks any way for your post and interest.

BR

i mentioned your project because of other threads you've posted here and on DBSTalk.

And good luck with it. If it weren't for the current snow storm here, I'd go out and take a measurement for you.

Oh !, Smart man..... Thanks anyway for your interest. I got cold in rooftop when we try to use satellite signal in Korea so Now we spend as litttle as possible outdoor while we draw cable into indoor for measurement. ^^

BTW, Do you think that there are more signal margin for both Ka band satellite in the recent elliptical main reflector ( DIRECTV AU9-SL3 Three LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna ) than the previous a little square type (DIRECTV Five LNB Ka/Ku Dish Antenna -AT9 ?

I really appreciate hearing your experience.

BR

BTW, Do you think that there are more signal margin for both Ka band satellite in the recent elliptical main reflector ( DIRECTV AU9-SL3 Three LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna ) than the previous a little square type (DIRECTV Five LNB Ka/Ku Dish Antenna -AT9 ?

I really appreciate hearing your experience.

BR
Some claim no, But I would Imagine there is a reason for the new slimline other then looks.
As far as Measurement, what do you want to know? Distance from Dish to LNBF at the Arm?
Or Distance from accross reflector plate to center LNB?

Well Sorry for my poor English. What does it mean " Some claim no," Does it mean two different reflector show almost same signal margin in two Ka band satellite?

Thanks for your incessent interest in my question. I had better choose "distance from across reflector plate to center LNB horn edge" for slimeline elliptical dish Kaku 3 beams.

Are you a installer?

Well Sorry for my poor English. What does it mean " Some claim no," Does it mean two different reflector show almost same signal margin in two Ka band satellite?

?
Some Satellite Guys members.

But from my limited use of the AT-9 verses the AU-9 I noticed its much easier to use the AU9 when setting up the 5 LNB setup, with the 3 LNB steup only, I can't say I noticed much of a difference.

I would use the Slimline!

I'll get you a measurement in a few, Unless someone else knows off hand.

I only know the LNB arm is 19 inches from dish to the LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)