gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
I was trying to DUI a 622 to a 722K...

I was just informed by one of the DIRT team that I have exceeded the limit of more that 3 leased receivers allowed by the FCC and my account has been flagged against any more DIU until I purchase one of the receivers or remove one....

Quoted message:
It is a problem because the FCC does say we can only have a max of 3 leased receivers on any account at one time. Customers are required to purchase receivers beyond that. We have currently placed your account in violation of that. If you want you can purchase one of the 211 receivers for $199.00 and that will switch that receiver to purchased and then the account will be eligible for DIU again. The account can remain as is but will not be eligible for upgrades due to the receiver issue. I wish I had better information for you on this.

Agreed. Citing the FCC was pure ignorance or a fool trying to explain something they didn't completely understand. AFAIK, there is no limit of "tuners" or number of boxes on an account imposed by the FCC.

Now, FCC approval must be obtained regarding the manufacture and numbers of receiving stations (reflectors and LNBF's) and quite possibly the number of set-top-boxes manufactured as part of those receiving stations, but absolutely no FCC jurisdiction on how many tuners or boxes Dish chooses to subsidize for its customers.

I was just informed by one of the DIRT team that I have exceeded the limit of more that 3 leased receivers allowed by the FCC and my account has been flagged against any more DIU until I purchase one of the receivers or remove one....

Quoted message:
It is a problem because the FCC does say we can only have a max of 3 leased receivers on any account at one time. Customers are required to purchase receivers beyond that. We have currently placed your account in violation of that. If you want you can purchase one of the 211 receivers for $199.00 and that will switch that receiver to purchased and then the account will be eligible for DIU again. The account can remain as is but will not be eligible for upgrades due to the receiver issue. I wish I had better information for you on this.
I have 4 (all leased)..since day 1 in 2001

Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones

So either there is more to the story, or that answer goes as one of the all time best, may even exceed my Cingular encounters. It came from a Dirt Team member, so hopefully we will hear more.

The last time I talked to a CSR about a programing issue they indicated that I had 5 tv's hooked up. Wrong. Just because one has a dual tuner dvr does not mean that one receiver is connected to two tv's. I have two 722k's and one 211k. I have only 3 tv's. Den, bedroom and guest room which is my office.

The last time I talked to a CSR about a programing issue they indicated that I had 5 tv's hooked up. Wrong. Just because one has a dual tuner dvr does not mean that one receiver is connected to two tv's. I have two 722k's and one 211k. I have only 3 tv's. Den, bedroom and guest room which is my office.

They count the number of tuners against the (DISH imposed, not FCC) limit, not the number of TVs. Just a poor choice of wording.

Just because one has a dual tuner dvr does not mean that one receiver is connected to two tv's. I have two 722k's and one 211k. I have only 3 tv's. Den, bedroom and guest room which is my office.

Curiously Why Are you using 722's on one TV? A 612 has 2 tuners, 3 if you count ota. With one tv what does a 722 allow that a 612 does not. I actually sent a 622 back and exchanged it for a 612 to save 7 dollars a months in rental fees.

Quoted message:
Which DIRT team member sent that message? Seeing your quoting them you must have the name.

Which DIRT team member sent that message? Seeing your quoting them you must have the name.

Yeah, ban him from Satguys. us. :D That's the most ridiculous statement I've heard. This FCC rule must be imposed just for Dish Network customers because other providers don't have that limitation.

Curiously Why Are you using 722's on one TV? A 612 has 2 tuners, 3 if you count ota. With one tv what does a 722 allow that a 612 does not. I actually sent a 622 back and exchanged it for a 612 to save 7 dollars a months in rental fees.
Why do you even ask why? The 722k is in my opinion the best dvr out there. Not one of the dual tuners output to a second tv in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)