Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is great advice, however for me personally pp is a total waste of money since I am the service man. :D

Yeah same here haha. I'm not an installer but I have fixed almost all issues I've had with Dish service by myself and installed Hoppers #3 and #4 myself. Installers are always impressed. The only thing I don't do myself is work on the Dish since it's 24 feet high and I have a major problem with heights due to a very bad experience I had with heights 7 years ago (fractured my back.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Yeah same here haha. I'm not an installer but I have fixed almost all issues I've had with Dish service by myself and installed Hoppers #3 and #4 myself. Installers are always impressed. The only thing I don't do myself is work on the Dish since it's 24 feet high and I have a major problem with heights due to a very bad experience I had with heights 7 years ago (fractured my back.)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

WOW, what happened?

Add in the soon to be expiring AMC credit many of us got & the Feb increase it's raising my bill by $21 a month over a 4 month period. No wonder so many are considering dropping joeys, protection plan & channel packages!

I bet Charlie is raising the fees to help pay for the NASCAR cup series when he takes over Sprint. Kinda neat with the new name, The NASCAR Charlie Cup series! We all can be proud that we are part of NASCAR. Awesome

Sadly, I imagine that DISH will still hike the price no matter what we say. They need the money so they are willing to take the hit with Churn ,less programming subscribed by subs , sent back receivers, etc. Like all companies they are usually Reactive and not Proactive. The only exception I saw was the recent spat with AMC ,where DISH got in front of it and gave program credits, free Rokus, etc. But then again, this was to give DISH more for the bargaining table with AMC. With subs leaving it is hard to argue that you are trying to keep costs down for your subscribers. Obviously DISH didn't learn about equipment fee hikes , when they did the Vip dvr hike to $17.00 after the first back in 2010. You got the first dvr for $7.00 (dvr fee). Now they aren't even trying to give you any discount on the first receiver with the hopper. You'll pay $14.00 per hopper, no matter what they call the fee, it is really per hopper.

Had to jump out of a friend's house that was on fire, didn't land right because of the way the window was, house was burned to the ground 20 minutes later.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

WOW, that was horrible. Sorry you had to go thru all that.

Had to jump out of a friend's house that was on fire, didn't land right because of the way the window was, house was burned to the ground 20 minutes later.

That's pretty bad. A person really don't know how they'll react in a crisis situation. At least you're here to tell the tale.

Just now noticed in your signature 4 hoppers, 2 joeys & separate account with a 722.
Damn.......if I had your money I'd burn mine. :D

WOW, that was horrible. Sorry you had to go thru all that.

Thanks, the injury was super painful, and still bothers me if I put too much stress on my back, but it sure beats burning alive!

Anyone know how much dish charges to return a Joey? Not as much as a Hopper I hope.

As far as I remember there is no cost to send back a deactivated receiver on an active account. However that may change.

That's pretty bad. A person really don't know how they'll react in a crisis situation. At least you're here to tell the tale.

Just now noticed in your signature 4 hoppers, 2 joeys & separate account with a 722.
Damn.......if I had your money I'd burn mine. :D

Definitely. Plus I was half asleep, this was early in the morning. Time has mostly healed, but I still have a fear of heights, lol.

Lol, no just 1 Joey :p . Definitely won't have money if you burn it :D .

I have a feeling most Dish Hopper subscribers would only see the $4 increase. Outside of the dedicated TV watchers on this board, I suspect the percentage of people with more than one hopper is very, very small. I would not be surprised if most Dish customers have 2 TVs, and the next highest group of subs have 1 TV.

I have a feeling most Dish Hopper subscribers would only see the $4 increase. Outside of the dedicated TV watchers on this board, I suspect the percentage of people with more than one hopper is very, very small. I would not be surprised if most Dish customers have 2 TVs, and the next highest group of subs have 1 TV.

I wonder what the breakdown is...I myself am a Two Hopper/One Joey household. I just thought there was the possibilities of conflicts if I would have went One Hopper/Two joeys, plus it's nice to have two Hoppers, though now of course there is a added cost

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help!! Can`t get Hopper

Dish willing to play with new magic box?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts