Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This is all about keeping Wall Street from taking a dive on Dish and keeping the stock price as health as they can. "We've only net gained 5 subscribers. But, look, our profits are up!"
Totally agree. They can shape up Dish's finances with two price/fee increases in a matter of months. Probably even helps make the Sprint deal a little more palatable considering the massive debt they plan on taking on.

Uh, when did Dish give notice of these fee increases?

I've gotten no email, snail mail, note on my bill or any other official communication showing this increase. Nor have I seen any official indication of it on their website.
Does your bill reflect these changes/increases already ?

Well like others here, the main thing I'm looking at is my monthly cost. With everything else going up in price, specially food, paying for TV is becoming a
pure luxury that is overpriced. It taking up a big chunk of my monthly budget.
Also, IMO, even though the Hopper has the potential for being an excellent DVR, it is plagued by buggy software updates. I find it a very unstable DVR, that at times is extremely frustrating to use. Way to many glitches. My VIP722k never had any real problems and many days I wish I had never updated.
Now, with a second price increase within 3 months of each other, I really don't see the worth of staying with Dish. When I join Dish, not only did they have the channels I wanted, but they were worth the price. (I'm not into sports, so DirecTV was for me.)
I seriously think of just going OTA when my contract is up with dish. The biggest barrier I face in going to OTA is my wife. She wants all the channels we get now because of the programs she watch. I'm trying to get her to understand that between the Roku and Amazon Prime, she still should be able to get her programs...but she rather stubborn on changing. Of course she doesn't pay the bills.
Ghpr13

The Genie might look good if it weren't for the $25 Advanced Receiver Fee that goes along with it.

Of course for the 1st 2 years for a new or returning customer, they get a $10 discount on that particular fee.

And of course, D* has never changed the lease from being the same regardless of which unit is there, which kind of makes the 'difference' in lease fees that D* is getting ready to do yet again rather a bogus argument.

I keep looking at the numbers and from a purely financial look, switching at well short of one year into a Dish contract is a positive move at the level of programming I would need to have to pretty well match what I actually watch.

This has been Dish SOP for quite some time now. Advertise lower package fees than DirecTV, and add equipment and other fees to make up the diff.

I'm definitely not gonna be adding anything that extends my contract. And, I will be looking at alternatives when my contract end date approaches. That includes the commercial account I administer with over a dozen receivers at work. We already have Direct in one building. I may swap over in the two currently using Dish.

Well like others here, the main thing I'm looking at is my monthly cost. With everything else going up in price, specially food, paying for TV is becoming a
Also, IMO, even though the Hopper has the potential for being an excellent DVR, it is plagued by buggy software updates. I find it a very unstable DVR, that at times is extremely frustrating to use. Way to many glitches. My VIP722k never had any real problems and many days I wish I had never updated.
Now, with a second price increase within 3 months of each other, I really don't see the worth of staying with Dish. When I join Dish, not only did they have the channels I wanted, but they were worth the price. (I'm not into sports, so DirecTV was for me.)
I seriously think of just going OTA when my contract is up with dish. The biggest barrier I face in going to OTA is my wife. She wants all the channels we get now because of the programs she watch. I'm trying to get her to understand that between the Roku and Amazon Prime, she still should be able to get her programs...but she rather stubborn on changing. Of course she doesn't pay the bills.
Ghpr13

Good luck!

Ghpr13

well i got a solution for that .......

slap.jpeg
:yes

This just makes me glad I didn't get the hopper and switched to Directv. I gotta tell ya this really sucks for Hopper customers and AEP subs. If I would've upgraded to the hopper and kept the AEP package, I would've paid $26 more per month from $110 per month I was paying for a total of $136/month. If the new fee increases are correct, I'd be paying $140/month for 1 hopper and 1 joey. For 2 hoppers, it would be $147/month. 2 words: HELL NO!!!!!!!!

Nobody should be surprised history repeats it’s self.
Dish did the same thing in the past will do it now and in the future that’s how they roll.:D

It probably will not make (it won't) a difference but anyone who cancels and downgrades because of the fee should have DISH make a note on the account as to the reason why instead of just saying "I don't want the Hopper anymore" It's just a smack in the face to raise these fees when people are having a hard enough time feeding their families let alone having DISH.

Personally I still think the Hopper is a great system and having two of them is the best experience and you can tout the Genie but I believe the Hopper holds twice as much programming than the Genie and then you can get two Hoppers vs. 1 Genie.

Maybe they will now allow 2H/0J installations. If anyone still wants them.

I would dare to say many of those second Hoppers will be getting boxed up soon.

Why not first hoppers as well? I think everybody who doesn't want to send Dish these exorbitant new fees should just roll back to the VIP series and be done with it.

Why not first hoppers as well? I think everybody who doesn't want to send Dish these exorbitant new fees should just roll back to the VIP series and be done with it.

Hopper is not much more than a year old, so most people are still on 2 year contracts. I just don't see people paying the ETF and cancelling. Downgrading packages/equipment and delaying upgrades seems to be the common theme.

Not I. Never will go back to VIP(s). Still only costing me $5.00 more than two 722's. Well worth it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)