FIOS in Hampton Roads, VA

AMCHD is up. Add another HD channel to the count.
Yep, and someone should post this news on the SatelliteGuys Frontpage like they do whenever D* or E* occasionally add a new HD channel. To be honest, we have a growing number of SatelliteGuys who are becoming FiOS TV customers, and Verizon should have more than 3 million FiOS TV customers by the end of this month.

Yep, and someone should post this news on the SatelliteGuys Frontpage like they do whenever D* or E* occasionally add a new HD channel. To be honest, we have a growing number of SatelliteGuys who are becoming FiOS TV customers, and Verizon should have more than 3 million FiOS TV customers by the end of this month.

All people would do is complain and say Verizon is a nobody.

Called them and they have no idea, seems that the csr's are going by the website as well and all the website is saying now is that it can not complete the request and to call customer service in my area which I heard the csr repeating this under his breath as I was on the phone with him.

Tonight I finally signed up for the Quad Bundle with My FiOS Guy. Steve was busy, but definitely takes care of his customers. If anyone wants to use Steve at myfiousguy.com for their order, then please be my referral. I will start posting here again to let you know the process of my pre/post installation. Sorry for the gap in time, I just returned home from a long business trip and am now ready for FiOS now that a few neighbor's beat me to nirvana!

Tonight I finally signed up for the Quad Bundle with My FiOS Guy. Steve was busy, but definitely takes care of his customers. If anyone wants to use Steve at myfiousguy.com for their order, then please be my referral. I will start posting here again to let you know the process of my pre/post installation. Sorry for the gap in time, I just returned home from a long business trip and am now ready for FiOS now that a few neighbor's beat me to nirvana!
Congrats on your order! I am sure you will love the service.

Well, do to issues with Verizon Wireless reps, I got frustrated and went to Sprint for my wireless needs. I got the same phone and plan for much less and no hassle. 15 minutes from start to finish and I was done.

Today, I finished terminating RG6QS cables and making patch cables in my den and one adjacent bedroom. Tomorrow I will start routing the cables for the TV in the kitchen and my bedroom. I also finished installing the cooling fan into and end tower on my entertainment center. The one I put in for my game systems works so well that I thought I should get one for the FiOS DVR and Reciever.

I just want to ensure that all will go well and fast for the installation.

The house is a buzz over FiOS coming in 6 days. Last night my 10yr old son even helped me fish some cables. He is quite versed now and even knows why we do things certain ways (i.e. service loops, bends, different cable types, power tools, etc.)...makes a father so proud. Well I have the second part of the house to do today. Hopefully I can get it all ran today, but it is tight in the attic near the outer walls.

I'm still hoping that I can have the fiber pulled through the attic to the opposite side of my house. The pole in my yard is on the opposite side of the house from my power meter. Anyone else with this same issue?

I'm told that it can be done and found someone on dslreports who was in the same situation and was resolved the exact way I was hoping. However we are experiencing a Nor'easter and I fear that it will delay my install tomorrow. Today is supposed to be the worst with it dissipating tommorrow...keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm told that it can be done and found someone on dslreports who was in the same situation and was resolved the exact way I was hoping. However we are experiencing a Nor'easter and I fear that it will delay my install tomorrow. Today is supposed to be the worst with it dissipating tommorrow...keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm almost certain your installation appointment was cancelled...just hoping you're still high & dry!!!

Nope, they showed up this morning. They were afraid of not making it into my neighborhood, because the entrance is still flooded. He was was here only for approx. 3 hours tops. His boss brought an HD DVR over to upgrade one of my boxes. They were so impressed with the legwork I put in prior to their arrival and ended up doing everything I asked saying "this is the easiest job we have seen". I upgraded DW's HD STB to an HD DVR, provisioned ONT1000GJ2 for CAT (LAN) and MOCA (TV) and ran fiber through attic to garage. It was a peaceful and joyful installation. I too was amazed that they called this morning, but I'm so tired. I'm working on 1.5 hours sleep due to last minute "to do's". Right now everyone has a laptop/PC or remote in hand and I haven't heard this house this quiet for a long time.

I am amazed as to how much FiOS has to offer with their bundle. I'm bouncing from TV to internet trying to learn as much as possible. My 10yr old just figured out that he can watch his kid shows on his laptop and play TV related games online at the same time.

I am going to crash hard...tomorrow.:D

But somehow Cable sees a 3 hour install as a negative in their commercials attacking FIOS.
That's because most cable's infrustructures have been in place for 20+ years...to include a lot of crusty old RG-59 running in the home. Cable absolutely sucks compared to FIOS and the cable cartel has been gouging the masses for 25+ years...until FiOS came to town. Comcast, Cox and Time-Warner all have two pricing models: one before FiOS comes to town, and other after they arrive.

My install(s) with Cox always took hours too. However mostly getting them to correct install issues prior to leaving. My initial install with Cox took approx 5-6 hours. Also they came at the end of the arrival 4 hour window, so I was off all day. With VZ, I was back working after lunch. This is why I just laugh at all of the commercials like that, because both fudge the truth, but it makes for funny commercials. VZ still has some of the best commercials out right now. Everyone recognizes the VZ vs. Cox guys and they are becoming pop culture icons in many forums online.

I am loving FiOS!!!! There are a lot of kool features too. I have setup my cell to control "my" dvr and DW's cell to control "her" dvr. I have ordered another SD STB for one of the kid's room, which just arrived tonight. I'm reading through the instructions and will activate it shortly. I like the MRDVR feature too.

The interenet and its constant high speed is so much better than "Power Boost" and its fluctuations. I get 20/20 on my wi-fi, which is pretty good.

I am trying to add Call Assistant to my phone too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)