Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaco

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
West Virginia
Hi,

I am not new to FTA satellite but today was the first time that I ever tried to upgrade the firmware of my Nfusion Nuvenio NV HD receiver. I followed the instructions (1) copying the .bin file to a USB drive (2) plugging into the front of my receiver (3) turning on and fumbling with the menus . . . blah, blah, blah.

It all seemed to work because the menus definitely have a different look and feel except for one glaring problem: the satellite list is not updated. Am I missing something? Galaxy 19 is still called Galaxy 25, Galaxy 18 is still called Galaxy 10R. In addition, the frequencies are not the updated ones that you see at lyngsat.com. Worst of all AMC 21--my favorite bird--isn't on the list. Isn't the whole point of the upgrade to get the updated list of satellites and their frequencies?

Can someone clue me in?

Thanks in advance.

Jaco

I'm not familiar with Nfusion Nuvenio, so I Googled "Nfusion Nuvenio" and most of the sites listed were for hacking Dish Network. It's not surprising that a box used primarily for hacking doesn't work well as a true FTA box. Isn't there a way to add new satellites or rename them manually?

Isn't there a way to add new satellites or rename them manually?

Yes! I can add satellites and frequencies but I thought a firmware upgrade would come with an updated list of satellites and frequencies. Am I wrong about this?

I learned after buying it that it was a hack box. I didn't suspect because I thought hack boxes were always low end and this receiver is not low end.

I also learned that it is a failed hack box. They won't hack anymore. This is the reason I was able to pick one up cheap on eBay. In fact, there are lots of Nfusion Nuvenios on eBay right now.

A firmware upgrade might mean bug-fixes for the system software, or an updated satellite list, or a combination of changes. And with fta receivers they seldom ever include a Change File to show you exactly what you ARE changing if you do the update. What I do is make all the changes to the sat-file, add new sats/change names, etc. after doing a factory-default, then save that file to a USB pendrive. Sometimes I will save the file after I've done a late night blind scan on the satellites so that at least the regular channels will be saved in my backup file too. When my receiver gets overloaded with empty transponders from blind-scanning, I can just factory-default the box again, and reload my sat-file without all the work again.

I should add that I recently sent my Pansat 9200HD to Panarex Electronics in Sun Valley, California to get fixed. There had been a power surge and my power supply's PCB was shot. It took 5 weeks but they only charged $40 to fix it. In addition, at my request, they upgraded the firmware and the satellite list is up-to-date. Why can't Nfusion come up with firmware that is up-to-date?

Why can't Nfusion come up with firmware that is up-to-date?
Because NFusion is no longer in business. Companies with business models based on Theft of Service don't tend to be around very long. The money has been made, they are out of here..... Quick, sell the boat anchor on eBay! :eek:

yep there are a lot of companies that were fly by night

show up
sell a bunch of them to hackers
update the software for that purpose only
screw the legit market....but we'll put features in the receiver so it looks like we care about that market
Dish clamped down
company runs for the hills

Believe me...I've had my fair share of receivers like that when the hacker market was "hot and heavy"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)