FIRST LOOK: 622 Review!

Hello to all

Here is what i would like to know please...right now i have a 510 in bedroom and a 811 in living room with a hdtv...can i get the 622 and replace it for the 811 and use the 622 to get PIP with my hdtv, would both showings of tuner 1 and 2 be hdtv or would it be mixed...does an installer need to come since i dont want to use it (the 622) for a second tv or can i do it myself because i see that there is a splitter in the box!....what are any suggestions or choices do i have?

thanx to all

Great review Scott. I can't wait to get mine on Wednesday. Sounds like a winner. :D I am disappointed that the HDMI & Component cables don’t come with it because they did with my 942 and I’m letting them go with it on Ebay. Now I have to find some. :(

Do you have one of those small USB jumpdrives handy? Maybe record a few seconds of video and see if it transfers to that to test the ERD feature. T-minus 8 days and counting..........

Great review. Very informative for a current 942 owner.

Ignore the other forums negative comments. I'm not sure where they are coming from.

Crunch said:
Nice - review -- we were all waiting for some positive comments! :)

Thanks as I have said as a regular MPEG2 DVR is is GREAT, it will be interesting to see how it performs when there are real MPEG4 channels available. :)

I did find a bug which has happened to me a few times now (FIRST BUG REPORT!)

I was going into search entering my wifes favorite shows and they it started acting weird, when I would do a search it would give me resolts of a serach I did before. (For example, I searched for CSI, then I searched for NCIS and it gave me the CSI results again, I would go in and type another name in and again it would still display the CSI results.

The fix this I needed to exit all the screens then go back in and seach again.

This has happened to me 3 times, minor bug but its still a bug. :)

One more question Scott.... Does the 622 have a native mode allowing you to just pass through the 1080I or 720P signal and let the TV do the conversion if it needs to? I always liked the VOOM receiver because it allowed for a bypass.

$4.99 is way way overpriced for those movies. Cable on demand charges only 99 cents to $2.99 for their on demand movies. They are not competing with cable well at all at those prices. They will not get many purchases for those movies until the price drops. They are just seeing a premium put on those movies because it can be viewed at any time.

Netflix is a much better price and you get DVD quality. SD qualty just makes you puke on Satellite. This on DEMAND nonsense on satellite will just flat out be a big mistake unless they give it to people for free.

how do u have 110,119 AND 61.5 togther? or do you have 2 satellites? i only have 61.5 with intl only and wana hve local too? can that only be with another dish and a dp34 or any alternate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts