First Look: TV2 IR Converter Kit

I do have a question. For those of us using UHF on TV1, will we be able to still use it after this IR adapter is installed. I do not mind losing TV2 but do not want to lose my UHF on TV1.

I do have a question. For those of us using UHF on TV1, will we be able to still use it after this IR adapter is installed. I do not mind losing TV2 but do not want to lose my UHF on TV1.
Exactly. I can't lose UHF on either TV1 or TV2 since my receiver is in a closet downstairs. Most of the wiring diagrams won't work for us.

Scott posted one diagram that might. It included the output of the adapter and an antenna going into a splitter/combiner, and then to the antenna input. Can't find that diagram at the moment...

Exactly. I can't lose UHF on either TV1 or TV2 since my receiver is in a closet downstairs. Most of the wiring diagrams won't work for us.

Scott posted one diagram that might. It included the output of the adapter and an antenna going into a splitter/combiner, and then to the antenna input. Can't find that diagram at the moment...

The feature sheet PDF in post one, Diagram B. Use a splitter to connect the RF antenna and the TV2 IR converter to the Remote Antenna port on the receiver.

I would imagine you could use two splitters if you are using the Home Distribution Output. Stack Diagram A with Diagram B.

Please enter me in the contest if it isn't too late. Sounds like a neat gadget. I am planning on getting either a Slingbox or HTPC this fall and this would be just the thing to make it work properly. My main TV is currently fed by a 622 in dual mode, with recordings defaulting to TV2. No one would even notice if I used the Slingbox with TV2 as it is rarely used for live viewing in my house.

Entries are now closed, and a winner was picked at random by a co worker of mine who is not a SatelliteGuys members (whats wrong with them?) :D

And the winner of the TV2 IR Converter kit is...

JERRY1GMAN

Congrats Jerry, I will be PMing you for your address shortly!

I would love to be able to use this in the masterbedroom, so I can finally get rid of all the remotes up there. Ideally, though, I hope that using the kit allows the receiver to still pickup UHF signals, becuase we have the TV2 on our 622 feeding both the masterbedroom and the kids\' playroom, and the kids\' playroom would still require UHF control (we never watch both TV2s at the same time, so there is no reason for an additional receiver, and we need to share all the DVR proaming among 3 TVs (Living Room [TV1], Playroom [TV2] and the Masterbedroom [TV2].

Thank you Scott,
I’ve never won a public raffle before, this is awesome!
I would like to take this opportunity and express to all that I am fully grateful for the community that has developed here over the years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts