Flash Gordon to air in both SD and HD (at least for the pilot)

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Just tried to create the DVR timer for Flash Gordon, which premieres on Sci Fi this Friday, only to find out that it is also airing on UHD on Sunday, in HD.

Skipped the Sci Fi recording, and set it up for UHD. Sweet. Interesting to see what the Universal folks are doing; I'd love it if they start simulcasting Sci Fi stuff on UHD - at least until sci fi HD comes around someday.

Just noticed the same thing.

Note that HD-Movies is showing the excellent 1980 movie "Flash Gordon" on Saturday night - which is not even available on Anamorphic DVD, so it should be a big PQ improvement.

PS Circumstantial evidence points to SciFi-HD and USA-HD in the near future replacing Uni-HD.

Just checked the HDTV Magazine for NEXT Sunday, and don't see Flash Gordon. Need to go through the Dish EPG to see if they are going to continue to show it.

I will be thrilled if they do the same with BSG next spring; show it a few days after SciFi. I can definitely wait a few days.

RE: UHDs future; while I do not want to see UHD go away - as they sometimes have very good movies, I can see how having Sci Fi HD would force a change in their programming.

I'd like them to keep it as UHD Movie Channel. :)

Wow -- just saw the pilot on UHD. Great first episode.

My only concern is that I CANNOT find any indication from the EPG or from HDTV Magazine (or any other source) that it will continue on UHD. I fear this was just an attempt to draw people to sci fi. A dish pass search found the same show airing on Bravo in a couple of days.

What a tease - what the first episode in the glory of HD, and then have to go see the rest of the series in crappy SD. :(

Just noticed the same thing.

Note that HD-Movies is showing the excellent 1980 movie "Flash Gordon" on Saturday night - which is not even available on Anamorphic DVD, so it should be a big PQ improvement.

PS Circumstantial evidence points to SciFi-HD and USA-HD in the near future replacing Uni-HD.

Surely you don't mean this 1980's film, re-released as a special edition "anamophic" release last week. :rolleyes:

New Releases - Flash Gordon PG (MPAA) / Universal Studios Home Video / DVD

Cheers,
SpenceJT

Just watched this pilot - not even a pimple on the face of the Movie (or the 1930's series).

Every science statement was complete gibberish. Even my young son laughed at "All the knowledge of the universe". ;)

The theme song for this one should be "Flash - ah ah - he won't even save one of us !!". :)

After watching 4 episodes, I cannot continue. Even if it is in HD, I can't watch it. It is so uninteresting.

I watched every episode so far (on pocket dish). This series is so boring and yet I have to watch it every friday to see how much boring it could become. This is why Sci-Fi is goind down hill. Cancelling a show like BSG for crap like Flash Gordon is beyond me. Or even cancelling SG1. I wouldn't be surprised that Flash Gordon is renewed. Crap like this is where SciF- is heading.

I could not take it anymore. The last episode did it for me. I am officially dropping this crap. Wasted enough of my time. In this last episode Flash became Rambo Flash as he wants to resolve everyone's problem. It is just an incredible bad writing to a story. WOW!

I could not take it anymore. The last episode did it for me. I am officially dropping this crap. Wasted enough of my time. In this last episode Flash became Rambo Flash as he wants to resolve everyone's problem. It is just an incredible bad writing to a story. WOW!
Even watching it in HD could not save it for me.. Gone from my series recording list.. :eek:

Discovery given a go for De-Orbit burn...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts