Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

Is there anyone here who thinks the Flex Packs are a bargain? I would definitely drop Dish altogether rather than use a Flex Pack to "save" a couple of bucks. You get huge discounts when you go to a new provider, I don't have to mess with these ridiculous packs.
I'd say saving $25 a month is a bargain. Sure you could switch providers and save some dough but you'd be under contract again and eventually your rate would be high again. I think this is a good move by Dish.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Then please don't spread rumors about something you aren't sure about. Thanks.
Rumors aren't facts, they are called rumors for a reason. Rumors are made for speculation. When you get the real deal it becomes fact, until then it is speculation. Now, there are some facts absolutely known today because some people already have the service.

Is there anyone here who thinks the Flex Packs are a bargain? I would definitely drop Dish altogether rather than use a Flex Pack to "save" a couple of bucks. You get huge discounts when you go to a new provider, I don't have to mess with these ridiculous packs.
If you have a family and you have to have all the sports stations and news, and have kids and a wife wanting things in the Kids pack, variety and heartland pack well then no the Flex pack is not for you in fact it might even cost you money. Myself however, I can get all but 1 channel that I actually watch by getting the Flex pack with locals. That is a $35 a month savings or $420 a year saving. That is not small change to me. At the end of Sept after the last Nascar race on NBCSN I will switch from the top 200 to Flex + local.

Reactions: flody1 and Tampa8
Where has Dish released or published information about the packages ?

Wherever the graphics in post #1 came from. Granted, the poster says "proposed", but it still looks like official descriptions to me, so as far as I'm concerned, saying "treat this like a rumor" doesn't cover it.

Proposed, prior to the actual date or even an official announcement is not fact as to what the package and add ons will be. We have no clue if that chart was a first draft, newer draft or what the final offering will be. DISH has made no announcement, has not released anything official. Something being leaked as anyone who is waiting for a final new Smartphone can tell you is no guarantee at all the final product will include what was leaked. It was leaked the New Note 7 would not have an SD card because it has a huge internal memory. Ended up not being true, it has a huge internal memory and the SD card.

Reactions: stardust3 and STDog

Yes with no question and you just don't understand it. There is nowhere you can get a DVR and those Cable channels for about $42. (maybe $37) From there it depends on what you want including what equipment. If you must have sports, locals, some of the channels not included in other packs, etc etc that isn't what this system is meant to be - it's very close to what so many have wanted for awhile. You could add a couple of packs and still be saving money just not all of them. In Florida I wouldn't need the locals I get every channel in the market with strong signals, and could do without the RSN since those are not the teams I watch. That would save me alot of money and maybe give up a couple of channels with literally a couple of shows we watch over the Top 200. I could add the News pack, and still be saving very much over the TOP 200 package needed to get all those channels. In the end I would lose two channels we do watch a couple programs on but I could add those just during the time those couple of shows air and drop that pack after.

IF you spend less with DISH , you will stay longer as a sub. That is what I think that they are thinking. Beats the costly promo credits that they have been dishing out to keep subs ( me included) who think that there programming packs are too high. The FLEX packs are the start of a new system that will give subs more of what they want , and at less of a price. You pay for what you want , and not pay for what you don't want. I'm saving $45.00 a month to get all the channels I want and none of them I don't watch like Sports, over the top 250 + Hbo. My bill including hopper fees is now around $100.00 a month before taxes, instead of $145.00 like it was before.

But I'm betting that the BBC World news will be included in the top 250 bundle ,unless they are pushing subs to the Flex packs instead. Like they did the America HD packs , silver,gold, etc. They kept those packs for those who had them in hd only ,but they didn't add any new channels to those packs. Maybe by not adding BBC world news to any programming packs, they are pushing subs to go with the Flex packs in order to get the new channels that they added. Maybe the top programming packs are now like the America hd packs and they will be kept for those who have them and nothing new will be added to them in order to encourage all to go to the Flex pack system.:eureka

Updated to the Flex program and News package. On the News package I receive France 24 on channel 9864 and as of today I receive BBC World News on Channel 281. I changed to the Flex program from the 120+ package.
I have thought long and hard about going to Flex, but with the add- ons I would want, plus the fact that I would not get the Sirius channels, which we tune to daily, I've deemed it not worth it for us. But, I am glad that there is an lower price option for those who feel comfortable with it.

SiriusXM is a big deal mostly for my wife when at home too. I would have to pay for another receiver if we didn't have it. She listens to Phlash Phelps on 60's most late mornings.

I have thought long and hard about going to Flex, but with the add- ons I would want, plus the fact that I would not get the Sirius channels, which we tune to daily, I've deemed it not worth it for us. But, I am glad that there is an lower price option for those who feel comfortable with it.

SiriusXM is a big deal mostly for my wife when at home too. I would have to pay for another receiver if we didn't have it. She listens to Phlash Phelps on 60's most late mornings.

[I wish locals were included or at least no so expensive; however, I guess that is why there are disputes and rising prices. If it was so easy to get the locals with an antenna 24/7, I guess I could live and get one of the OTA add-ons for our 222. The bonus would be the subchannels that are not on satellite at all. The Hopper seems nice as well, but we are trying not to spend so much on satellite. It is funny since when we started in 2009 with Dish that AT250 and HD&Platinum did not seem so bad and was even a lot cheaper than cable and DirecTV; that was also back when you still got a $5/month credit for having the phone line connected. lol However, the economy (although I am not trying to get political or anything...just in general) does not seem the best where some people I know sadly are being laid off and losing their jobs.]

The most important part I suppose to both quotes:

Couldn't the Latino Bonus pack be added for $9.99/month to get the Sirius XM channels to the Flex Pack? I wish it could be added to the Welcome Pack, but apparently, you have to have at least the Smart Pack with the packages available as of today.

FMI: https://www.dish.com/latino

FYI (It used to be $17/month): jnperry.net/2014/03/28/dish-network-latino-bonus-pack

I am looking at: Flex w/ autopay $29.99 if rumor is true plus locals ($10) plus Latino Bonus Pack ($9.99 mainly for Sirius XM) plus Duo receiver ($14) plus FCC charge or fee ($0.03)--$64.01 plus tax (could drop to $50.01 without the 2nd Duo)
v.
Welcome Pack with locals ($19.99) plus HBO Special Price ($10) plus Dish Movie Pack ($10) plus Duo receiver($14) plus FCC Charge or fee ($0.03)--$54.02 plus tax (could drop to $40.02 without 2nd Duo)

Decisions, decisions...I will wait until the official information comes out if ever on 8/4....I say that because I know Dish sometimes takes a while to release information....I know dropping the HBO would mean losing that grandfathered price for life....I also do not know if we want to move from Welcome Pack because the little ones watch Discovery Family and Boomerang (but mainly Boomerang); to have those with Flex I believe would require two additional add-on packs at $6 for Heartland and $10 for the Family Pack. Ugh. May just stay with what we got. The rain lately has been annoying with the signal going out a lot.
http://jnperry.net/2014/03/28/dish-network-latino-bonus-pack

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay and Tampa8