Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

On EA, Disney, Nick, Cartoon Network are the only 3 I can think of. Unless you consider AT250 channels like Encore or TMC.

Reactions: Tampa8
Why are AXS TV and Fuse in the National Sports Pack? Get rid of those two and add the NFL Network at the least. And maybe the Golf Channel. Who thinks these up?

I guess I'll see if I can request my new smart card ahead of time before I decide to switch over. Hopefully they would send it even if I'm not ready to leave the Smart pack yet.

Reactions: tobsandmags
I'm confused, why do I need to switch smart cards if all I'm doing is changing packages? Thanks.

I got this in my email tonight...

Hello Scott Greczkowski,

A quick update from DISH:
Beginning tomorrow, August 4th, DISH will roll out a new offer called Flex Pack. Below are some key features and details of the new offer:
Flex PackTM: 50+ channels for $39.99/mo (plus taxes) (valid through 10/27/2016)

Start with a base package of 50+ popular channels

Add/Drop additional channel packs based on your viewing preference

$39.99/mo includes the base pack PLUS the first channel pack of your choice

Locals Pack $10
Kids Pack $10
News Pack $10
Regional Action Pack $10
National Action Pack $10
Variety Pack $6
Heartland Pack $6
Outdoor Pack $4

Reactions: Foxbat
This is a game changer if the 39.99 includes an add-on pack with the base pack.

So, for instance, Flex + Locals = 39.99 would only be $3 more than the Smart Pack.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
There virtually are no Western feeds of non premium channels on DISH. You can find a couple of Cartoon channels, at one time ION had it on the WA arc only. Did you have a particular channel in mind?

Disney is what I had in mind, it's not a make or break thing but just curious as my kids will often watch the Western feed when the realize they missed a show they wanted to watch. They tolerate SD a lot better than I do.

Ok what about us that already have Flex pack and are being charged $34.99 before you add the first pack? Are they going to redo our bills?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

The deal Scott posted is a new customer offer.

This is how they're figuring on the $39.99 price point.

The Flex Pack is going to be marketed at $39.99, which is obtained by:

• ? Starting with the Everyday Price for Flex Pack $34.99

• ? Adding one of the new $10 Channel Packs +$10

• ? Subtracting $5 eAutoPay savings - $5

• ? Advertised price.......$39.99

Reactions: dare2be
Ok. Knew it sounded way too good for existing subs.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app
IMO never really sounded that great at all.
Still doesn't.
Those mini packs are so limited and so random.
Hopefully tomorrow those packages are better than what is shown here.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Jim S.
Why are AXS TV and Fuse in the National Sports Pack? Get rid of those two and add the NFL Network at the least. And maybe the Golf Channel. Who thinks these up?
AXS TV does show MMA, Boxing and NJPW (pro wrestling). So it makes some sense for it to be in this package. But you're correct about Fuse. But why include TV Games and TVG2? I always thought those were channels that paid to be aired. No NBC Sports or CBS Sports, but two channels with very limited appeal.

IMO never really sounded that great at all.
Still doesn't.
Those mini packs are so limited and so random.
Hopefully tomorrow those packages are better than what is shown here.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
In your opinion it doesn't sound so great, but in my opinion it is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm only sorry that DISH won't give us current subs a break for auto pay. I've had that for years and years.