Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

In your opinion it doesn't sound so great, but in my opinion it is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm only sorry that DISH won't give us current subs a break for auto pay. I've had that for years and years.

Yeah it sucks when they give a new customer a deal but a loyal, longtime customer, they don't...makes no sense really.

Reactions: Jim S.
In your opinion it doesn't sound so great, but in my opinion it is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm only sorry that DISH won't give us current subs a break for auto pay. I've had that for years and years.

After the details are known if it is only for new subs I think it would be worth trying to get it. You might have to offer to get a new two year contract if that is what new subscribers have to do...
I realize for other offers no way, but as I posted before this is a very small discount (granted off a smaller package). We also don't know if the $5 off is contingent on getting at least one add on. (thus the $44 - $5 = $39.99 no mention of $29.99 at least yet)

After the details are known if it is only for new subs I think it would be worth trying to get it. You might have to offer to get a new two year contract if that is what new subscribers have to do...
I realize for other offers no way, but as I posted before this is a very small discount (granted off a smaller package). We also don't know if the $5 off is contingent on getting at least one add on. (thus the $44 - $5 = $39.99 no mention of $29.99 at least yet)
Hopefully, Maybe tomorrow we will find out all this and more.

Reactions: Tampa8
LOL, you don't need a two year contract to sign up for this plan, unless you are getting new equipment. I am sure when the dust settles, you will all be getting a $5 autopay credit because it will cost them $10 a month if you demand they mail you a paper bill and you send a payment that is a few days late.

LOL, you don't need a two year contract to sign up for this plan, unless you are getting new equipment. I am sure when the dust settles, you will all be getting a $5 autopay credit because it will cost them $10 a month if you demand they mail paper bill and you send a paper check that is a couple of days late.

So you are saying new customers will not need a contract? If that's the case everyone should get the $5 off with no problem with Auto pay.

The family cabin account is coming up for its renewal. We're currently on the SmartPack at $37/mo and since we're using the ViP 722k, we need to add on the DVR Fee. Depending on how this FlexPack + first Channel Pack prices out, I don't know if we'd be inclined to change since the SmartPack includes locals and we wouldn't be using Autopay since we're on the Pay-as-you-Go Pre-paid plan, so no $5 discount.

All will be revealed tomorrow. Wait, wait, there's more! (waiting...)

Aside from equipment, new customers typically get discounts for the first 12 months in exchange for the 2-year commitment. It isn't just about the equipment.

Don't new customers need new equipment and installation? Please read my previous post carefully.

So now read mine. If we find out only new customers can save the $5 my suggestion was to offer to do the same as new customer - tell them you will sign a two year contract. You jumped to some conclusion that I thought you needed a contract to get that package, never said that. And what Dare2be said too...

Last edited:
So now read mine. If we find out only new customers can save the $5 my suggestion was to offer to do the same as new customer - tell them you will sign a two year contract. You jumped to some conclusion that I thought you needed a contract to get that package, never said that. And what Dare2be said too...

I would never do a contract extension for a $5 a month credit.
In fact I would pay $10 more not to have one period.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Seeing Flex Pack as an option for the main programming/package when I log in now. However, not finding much information on the site. More is still posted here; I guess Dish still needs some time. Also, not seeing credit for more than one add-on when attempting proposed changes just to try it out and see. Was hoping what Scott posted was true for all if we would decide to switch...I do see Heartland Package and Outdoor still as add-ons for the Welcome Pack.

I see it when I login to mydish. What I don't see is bbc world news listed in the news pack.

I see it when I login to mydish. What I don't see is bbc world news listed in the news pack.
It shows the logo on the dish page for the news pack

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160804-075453.png
    Screenshot_20160804-075453.png
    314 KB · Views: 213
I notice there is no mention of the MTV digital suite in the FlexPack channel listing.
Will be interesting to see if they are included in any other packages.
Also, looks like France24 English was removed from the EA and WA. I thought it was part of the News Pack, I was getting it in it, gone from 9864 now.

It now makes sense that they market it with a pack added if they are going to include it as core a package along side the Top packs as they are doing. Those all include locals, in fact all the core packages include them so comparing a price for one core package that does not include locals would be misleading.
The nice thing is now it is not misleading you get the package with locals, and if someone does not want locals they can get another pack - or no pack and lower the price.

http://www.dish.com/packages/

Curious, when I select Flex + Locals only, they list my RSNs in the table. That must be a mistake, right? (You have to switch to text view to see the names)

Oh, and when I add the Regional Action Pack and not the Locals, the RSNs are not checked.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)