Flex Pack & Channel Packs Coming 8/4

Does Dish ever provide a 100% accurate and up to date channel lineup card? This "updated" one has plenty of gleaming errors.

The new one has the errors already listed above by other members. In addition, they are promoting the 120+ package without showing that the SEC Network, FS1, FS2, Big Ten, PAC 12, and Longhorn Network are available in them. WGN is still listed despite the dispute. I also don't receive Logo on AT200?

Though this is a step in the right direction, I expect much better. In the days of TVRO you could get all the ESPNs without anything else for example. Why not now? I'd like to have just the locals pack and the news pack for $20. Why can't I do this? ESPN (THE DISNEY MONSTER) will just force its way into the flex base manditory package as soon as their contract renewals come up with blackouts and more blackouts. Others will just follow right behind them. HBO is $11 per month. ESPN is edging at above $6 per month. If they want premium pricing then TREAT them as a premium channel. Dish should stop allowing itself to be bullied by these greedy whacks. I'm tired of blackouts. If I pay my bill I should not have blackouts. If these packages are prone to them I am not going to INVEST my money and months of viewing hours into them only to get blacked out in the middle of the season of my favorite show.

Take a stand Dish. I'm with you all the way. The cheapest package offered by DirecTV is in the $80 range after adding all the fees (after their introductory pricing gimmick expires). Cable in my area is much worse with pricing. You have two options Lifeline $19.99/mo or Full Basic at $83.99/mo with Service Electric Cable TV. They want $83 just for BASIC CABLE, and that's not counting the cablebox fees.

I have the Welcome Pack. I love it. I would love to have a cheaper option that suits my specific interests though. Just all the news channels and locals. Then I'm all set with the occasional PPV whenever I want to take in a movie or special sporting event. Who needs ESPN. All they show is sportscenter most of the day anymore.

Last edited:
Dish should stop allowing itself to be bullied by these greedy whacks.

I'm tired of blackouts. If I pay my bill I should not have blackouts.

Take a stand Dish. I'm with you all the way.

Contradictory statements. If Dish takes a hard line you will have channels pulled.

After reading over both threads posted on the flex pack and looking at flex pack options on my dish in my account and before I got for it just wanted to double check here on my cost: flex pack with locals added : $39.99 plus two add on packs would be $59.99 and with DVR fee, my cost is $69.99. am I correct on this?

As best I can tell, If you want to save $5 and get a two year price guarantee this is the cost. Add $5 if you just want to go to it;
$29.99 Flex Pack
$30.00 three add on packs - but some packs are less so depends on the pack
One of the following - $15 Hopper DVR fee - $10 VIP DVR fee - $7 Grandfathered DVR VIP fee (if that stays with a new contract)

I am really impressed with the Dish page when you create a package for Flex and when you put in multiple packs, it recommends a better deal with the AT packages and specifically tells you what channels you would get and which ones you wouldn't using the AT package.
I was wondering where to locate that page as I am comparing packs to see if flex is a cheaper option. should I be logged into my account and can you test a flex package without changing my programming to see price? thanks

I was wondering where to locate that page as I am comparing packs to see if flex is a cheaper option. should I be logged into my account and can you test a flex package without changing my programming to see price? thanks

It was on the dish.com homepage for a new account to place an order - as you build your order it shows you all the different combinations and prices. Not on the mydish.com page.

You often have to be logged out and even further, remove any dish.com-related cookies from your browser, to see different information.

Reactions: Tampa8
Anyone on flex confirm you get all the special Olympics channels (148-01 thru - 09 or so)? Curious to see if Gold is there since Golf is not on flex.

Also any existing customers get the Hopper 3 for $10 if you call in?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Anyone on flex confirm you get all the special Olympics channels (148-01 thru - 09 or so)? Curious to see if Gold is there since Golf is not on flex.

Also any existing customers get the Hopper 3 for $10 if you call in?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Its a good possibility since golf is in free preview also I don't have nbc sports network on at120+ but it's in the Olympic channels

Only new subs get the hopper for $10.00 for the two year commitment, then it will go up to normal $15.00.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I posted in the other thread also... Here is a new wrinkle. You can add the Hopper to the Flex pack for $10.
http://about.dish.com/press-release...undle-dont-watch-dont-pay-dishs-new-flex-pack
From the link in Tampa's post:

"Available for new and existing DISH customers"

"Customers who choose not to add any channel packs can receive the Flex Pack core programming for $29.99."

Have any existing customers tested this yet? I am interested in switching to Flex Pack without any add-ons if it is really only $29.99 per month. I currently have Welcome Pack.

From the link in Tampa's post:

"Available for new and existing DISH customers"

"Customers who choose not to add any channel packs can receive the Flex Pack core programming for $29.99."

Have any existing customers tested this yet? I am interested in switching to Flex Pack without any add-ons if it is really only $29.99 per month. I currently have Welcome Pack.
That is real. You must do what a new subscriber does and sign a new two year contract it will guarantee the $5 discount for two years and a price freeze also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)