Folders on an EHD

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I may have missed if it's there yet.

But is there a way to transfer folders to an EHD or create folders on an EHD and put programming inside them?

Thanks.

Nope,

Sorry, anyone like to try again. I had 5 different shows (NBC News, Primetime, MSNBC, etc) that had the Kennedy funeral. I had them in a Kennedy folder on my 622. I moved all 5 shows, as you said I could to the EHD. No Kennedy folder created and they are all separate.

Care to take another WAG?

Any really know how this works?

Yepp, for the same show/movie.

Nope,

Sorry, anyone like to try again. I had 5 different shows (NBC News, Primetime, MSNBC, etc) that had the Kennedy funeral. I had them in a Kennedy folder on my 622. I moved all 5 shows, as you said I could to the EHD. No Kennedy folder created and they are all separate.

Did you bother reading my second post, or were you too busy being a smart***.

Good luck getting any more help.

SAME SERIES/MOVIE

You cannot create your own folders on an EHD.

However, if you use the built-in folder function that groups by show name, the same folders will also appear on your EHD when you copy more than one episode of the same show onto your EHD. That's all that is available now.

At least now Mary Jo Kopechne can rest in peace

Nope,

You can rename the files all to Kennedy Funeral and save them to EHD. It won't change the individual descriptions, but will put them all together in a folder "Kennedy Funeral"

Nope,

You were not transferring same show, ie, a bunch of Battlestar Galacticas. You were transferring 5 different newscasts.

Nope,

well I was able to edit the name of the program and it grouped them for me

SO if you have a bunch of different named shows, and you want them all in the same folder on the EHD, just rename them and transfer them to the EHD and they will be found in a folder with that same name. You'll have to go to the individual show to see the description now that they are named the same, but it will group the recordings. That way you don't have 50 recordings of various kids shows taking up all the display space and you can put them all in a folder called "Kids Show" or "Kennedy" or whatever.

You can rename the files all to Kennedy Funeral and save them to EHD. It won't change the individual descriptions, but will put them all together in a folder "Kennedy Funeral"

That would probably be the only way to do it. You would need to look at the descriptions to figure out which one was which after that.

Good idea!

So if the shows are already on the EHD it is not going to put the show titles in a folder? You would have to transfer them to the internal hard drive (IHD) then back to the EHD to get that to happen?

So if the shows are already on the EHD it is not going to put the show titles in a folder? You would have to transfer them to the internal hard drive (IHD) then back to the EHD to get that to happen?
All my Firefly's that were once individually listed on EHD, are now in a Firefly folder. My receiver is a 722K if that makes a difference.

So, if I read everyone correctly, even though they are different shows from different networks, I have to name them exactly the same and no way to tell them apart other than the record date?

Oh, I expect we will eventually be able to create and manage our own folders. We've come a long way.

Oh, I expect we will eventually be able to create and manage our own folders. We've come a long way.
Right, but even if not, although it goes against the grain these days with the wet noses, we can't have everything. I'm happy with what we have.

I had 5 skin flicks, the women were all naked in all 5 shows but, when i transfered them they were all grouped seperately. After I renamed all my programs to NAKED WOMEN They were in one big group org*. WALA and they all lived happily ever after

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)