Fortec Mercury II Channel List Picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ElroyJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2003
St. Louis, MO
When viewing the channel list the mini picture of the current channel always has the colors off. Meaning its kind of red and green. The big picture looks good.

I was just curious if everyone with a Mercury II has the same problem or if its just my box.

I have the 1.06 old version also.

The wierdest thing is the colors have been off since I started using the box about a week ago and now they went to showing the regular colors, the same as in the big picture, the way it should look. It fixed itself and I didn't do anything that I know of to fix it.

Oh well, I hope it stays this way.

I spoke too soon.

After it was working great for a while I selected a channel and the box rebooted.

It came back to having off colors in the small picture.

Mostly red and green colors.

I am using componant video outputs. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I am not sure why it rebooted. Thats the first time it did it except when it was going slow when viewing channels on Galaxy 25 TP 12152. I have deleted that transponder and that problem has not shown up again.

I found out how to fix the color problem in the mini picture.

I am using componant setup and 4:3 setting for the tv. If I switch it to 16:9 and then view the channel list the picture is back to normal. I can change back to 4:3 and it stays normal until a reboot. I guess I found a bug.

factory firmware updates

There have been a number of factory firmware updates to the Mercury II receiver.
Lots of little niggling problems have been put to bed.
Here's a link to the company site, with the latest (ver 1.53).

Search this forum for discussions of updates, warranty, etc, if you are uncomfortable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)