Found an awesome dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm hoping to be able to get to them this spring. Things have not been going well for me lately.

SA 9000 Polarmount ?

Hi All !

I'm new in this board, I'm french (nobody is perfect...) and a Satellite DXer for 20 years.
I'm glad to find this topic, because I have one of this huge dish (2.80 with the 3.20 m extender kit) never installed since 20 years (!) all parts are new.
This model is a AZ/EL mount, I know the polarmount was sold but of course impossible to find it in 2013 !

Maybe some of you could help me to find one used polarmount for this antenna.

Some picture of the dish and the foundation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Attachments

• IMG_0523.JPG
    IMG_0523.JPG
    547 KB · Views: 238
  • Fixations.JPG
    Fixations.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    733.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0517.JPG
    IMG_0517.JPG
    655.5 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0521.JPG
    IMG_0521.JPG
    523.4 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    550.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Polarmount.JPG
    Polarmount.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    538.2 KB · Views: 228
Hi All !

I'm new in this board, I'm french (nobody is perfect...) and a Satellite DXer for 20 years.
I'm glad to find this topic, because I have one of this huge dish (2.80 with the 3.20 m extender kit) never installed since 20 years (!) all parts are new.
This model is a AZ/EL mount, I know the polarmount was sold but of course impossible to find it in 2013 !

Best regards

I have one of these polar mounts if you are still in need of this. I know this is a year old and ended was there a follow up of completed project in another thread ?

That sure looks like the commercial "Scientific Atlanta" mounting system, which many radio stations used.... but I have no size reference in the pictures.
There's still one on our property out back, can't remember if it's feeding CBS to us, or whether our large mesh dish is doing that now. They're a bear
to move! Extremely heavy.

Last edited:
I have a lot of photos of several of these dishes installed. About 2 years ago I stumbled into a deal to acquire one (or more if I wanted) and I took a lot of high res photos of them.
I removed the photos from the photo sharing site they originally were on (minus.com) because I had privacy concerns with their so called privacy policy.
My health took a U-turn and I have a difficult time getting about and doing things for myself and I frankly had given up on the project. I am still undecided what I should do about it, I did put money down on them but I may forfeit and write it off.

I still have the photos and if anyone would like I can upload them here. It’s a “farm” of a BUNCH of these SA dishes with the extenders.
They are BIG.

Hi All !

Best regards

What’s the chances of you scanning in that installation manual and uploading it as a PDF?

Or if nothing else, some quality photos of the manual pages?

Thanks!

I believe the dish is 11’ (9 feet plus the extenders for 11 feet overall)

The pedestal seems to be about 12-16” and about 5 feet tall.

These things are BEASTS... The ones I am aware of near me, have been in place for over 30 years and have survived a lot of hurricanes, tornados and rednecks with guns. They are built to last.

Attachments

• IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3418.jpg
    IMG_3418.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Have you got in touch with the property owner Dee_Ann to see if they will let you have it?...Perfect candidate for a fabricated H-H and a Bullseye.

Have you got in touch with the property owner Dee_Ann to see if they will let you have it?...Perfect candidate for a fabricated H-H and a Bullseye.

Read the first post in the thread. ;)

What’s the chances of you scanning in that installation manual and uploading it as a PDF?

Or if nothing else, some quality photos of the manual pages?

Thanks!

Hi !
No problem to scan all the manual pages and send you a PDF, I will done in during next week.
regards

I have one of these polar mounts if you are still in need of this. I know this is a year old and ended was there a follow up of completed project in another thread ?

Sure I'm still interested and looking forward for this polarmount ! for the moment I have installed the dish as fixe dish(not with the extended panel yet) but perfectly vertical for a motorization ! see attached pictures.

Attachments

• forums2.jpg
    forums2.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 233
  • forums1.jpg
    forums1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 250
  • forums3.jpg
    forums3.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 243
Feedsat
I now see you live in France, I cant imagine how much it would cost to ship it there ? Probable way too much.

Yes,France, but I would appreciate if you could try to find the price for the shipment for France.

I have also some friends in USA but not always easy to arrange that kind of transport.

Look forward to your reply.

I've got one of these 2.8m Scientific Atlanta dishes I will put up for free. My health took a turn and I have an un-finished project on my hands. Was going to bolt a Ajax 180 H-H motor to the back of the reflector and have a C-band orthomode feed that fits this dish and a 9ft tall 5" pipe, all ready to go up. If anyone is interested I'll price the Ajax and the orthomode and list in the classified section. The dish is free. Located in Northern Michigan come buy one or all as needed.

121025_0001_zpsb016b7ca.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts