Fox Business HD Now Live!

I did a check switch and I now have Fox Business Channel in HD on ch. 206 and ch. 9476. We finally have what we should have had before the election.
Between Bill O'reilly on Fox HD and Dave Ramsey on Fox Business, Our "Heroes" can "Save the world".

Just a joke sorta; Well maybe not. :eureka

13 posts and someone has to start wiping their ass all over the board. Can this channel or it's sibling channels' availability every be discussed without it degenerating into political BS?

Indeed. Heck, when the conservatives should have celebrating getting this channel, they were instead whining that it was in a higher package than CNN (although they got their wish and it will be lowered).

Sadly, I think the same people who couldn't keep their mouths shut on both sides will suddenly revers positions when MSNBC goes HD. Those that were begging for Fox news will want "that commie crap" kept off their TVs, and those that decried the "bourgeoisie bible-thumping" attitude of Fox News will desperately want MSNBC HD. The same neverending cycle of crap.

And when MSNBC does come, I'm sure they will complain that it should be in in the same tier as Fox News

I say lets get them BOTH, and stick them BOTH (and CNBC, too) in AT200.

I am Turbo Gold, and I checked this morning at about 7am central, before I went to work, and I have neither channel. This is very troubling to me; the website says I should be getting both, but Dish cannot get their act together enough to do a smooth rollout... I mean, Direct unveiled Comedy Central HD, and I didn't hear a peep about troubles with certain packages. Either way, these additions are very important to me, because if I don't get them in HD, I don't get them at all! And it appears now that I am "paying" for them, but don't actually get to enjoy them yet. I am very frustrated, but remain cautiously optimistic that this will be resolved; it just comes off as Dish being incompetent...

Can this channel or it's sibling channels' availability every be discussed without it degenerating into political BS?

If the KKK or the Black Panthers started their own channel, would you really expect it to be added without a discussion of racism? Do you think the topic would stick to bitrates and what package they were in?

If the KKK or the Black Panthers started their own channel, would you really expect it to be added without a discussion of racism? Do you think the topic would stick to bitrates and what package they were in?

You did not just compare the KKK to conservatism. No way. I'm no big fan of Fox News but that comparison is bad and vitriolic.

edit (misspelling conservatism as conservationism might be just as bad as comparing the KKK to conservatism (or equating Fox news with conservatism)--sorry)

Last edited:
Do Dish customers that have Absolute HD get these channels?

Only people that have classic (sd and hd) have these channels. People that have the Turbo hd packages do not have them even though it is listed on the website.

Duh. That's because only educated people listen to talk radio....thus, there is no support for the left.
Just ask on Air America.
Oh, sorry....It's not in business any more.:eek:

No, educated people listen to NPR on the FM dial. :)

I personally hate to have talking points jammed down my throat by eater side all day. So don't give me Rush or Franken.

I have a great idea.

Why don't you guys take your pissing contest to another thread!!!

A "check switch" is basically a test of connectivity to the satellite. I'm sure it tests several things like firm ware versions, latest update to the Guide, various diagnostics, etc. I think the default setting is to auto run every night at 3:00AM local time, but it can be done manually via the menus. If you ever need to update your guide or check this basic stuff then call up the menu and look for things like "Set Up," "Installation," "Point," etc.

Alternatively you can unplug the receiver for about 10 minutes and then plug it in again. It should run automatically at start up.
After you do the check switch if you check the signals of the different satellites does it screw anything up?

No, educated people listen to NPR on the FM dial. :)

I personally hate to have talking points jammed down my throat by eater side all day. So don't give me Rush or Franken.

+100

Rush, Franken, Hannity & Olberman are entertainers NOT informers. I'll watch/listen when I want some light entertainment, not when I actually want to hear facts.

After you do the check switch if you check the signals of the different satellites does it screw anything up?

No.

Typically once you find the "Check Switch" in the menus and select it, it will give you a warning if you happen to be recording a show. When you check the switch it disrupts the signal to your satellite box, so you don't want to do it in the middle of a recording, or if you are really into watching a show at the moment. It takes a good long 5 minutes or more, you won't get it done during commercial break. Wait until your show is over or you need to take a shower or something.

But once the check is done and the programs resume as normal you can go right back into the menus and view everything again if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)