Fox HD on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Will it be the same deal -- only available in markets where the local affiliate is owned and operated by Fox? Or will Fox be different since NewsCorp and DTV are joined at the hip?

Well, since my local FOX station still doesn't have the HD hardware in place since it was SUPPOSED to be turned on yesterday for the football games I will be asking for a waiver. They don't even broadcast the widescreen versions of their primetime shows.

Of course Louisville wouldn't be on there. I bet I have a hard time getting a waiver from them.

Neutron said:
Of course Louisville wouldn't be on there. I bet I have a hard time getting a waiver from them.

Buy a Motor Home (or does any family member there have one), you do travel right? You want your D* billing address the same............they will grant a waver (or should) for your account. just have to send in the resistration on the motor home etc.....Worth a try!

By FCC law you cant get a waiver if you can get the SD feed over the air. They have not changed the law yet for the HD feed.

You can try the Mobil home way, but they will lock it on only one receiver.

***BUT****

Congress is working right now on a Bill that would allow the waivers for the HD feeds.

In my City that would get me FOX and ABC in HD and the local stations do not broadcast in HD (only SD).

Everyone needs to email there congress men asking them to vote yes on the McCain sponsored Shivra (or how ever you spell it) extension bill.

Scott, that is incorrect. You can get a waiver if you get it OTA, but it's your local station's decision to do so. It's VERY rare to have a local station that's nice enough, but my Indy ABC and FOX come in fine and I get 2 distant ABC and FOX.

LOBO2999 said:
If your in an O&O area Do you still have to pay for the channel? The $1.50 or what ever it is.

No, you will get the channel free of charge :) , only those who live in a "out of market" area who has a "Grade B or less" signal with a waiver from there local affiliate (which is hard to get) will be charged because they are receiving a signal out of their area! ***Remember - just because you live in a O&O area does not necessarily mean you will get the HD E/W feed :no . This is still granted by your local station, even if they are O&O!!!!***

Smthkd said:
Here's a Link to FOX ENTERTAINMENT GROUP!
See: http://www.newscorp.com/feg/foxReport2000/televsion3.html
Atlanta WAGA Fox5 is O&O
Hope DAVE get Fox HD E/W feeds!!!

Oh joy! Now all my "home invasion, the hurricane is coming, you better go buy 500g of milk right now, insert current disaster stories" will be coming through in HD. I can't wait :rolleyes:

If you don't live in the ATL, this is a dig at FOX 5. All the local news here tend to be over the top, but FOX 5 is most definatelly the icing on that cake.

Isn't funny how out of all the local networks here in GA, ONLY FOX5 is a O&O and not an affiliate? Not only is this icing on the cake its also a miracle!!!

Smthkd said:
Isn't funny how out of all the local networks here in GA, ONLY FOX5 is a O&O and not an affiliate?
....But you can get the ABC waiver in Atlanta as well (I already have mine approved - the local station will grant them).

The local CBS station in Atlanta refuses waivers, despite broadcasting an OTA signal at 60% power and with sporatic signal fluctuations.

pradike said:
....But you can get the ABC waiver in Atlanta as well (I already have mine approved - the local station will grant them).

The local CBS station in Atlanta refuses waivers, despite broadcasting an OTA signal at 60% power and with sporatic signal fluctuations.

REALLY! How did you get it? I can really use it for my area if Dave starts ABC HD!

Write the ABC station a courteous letter (write to the General Manager) and politely tell him how much you love his station's local news programming, but you really would like to see ABC HD programming (and your home just can't receive his signal OTA), so would he please grant you a waiver so you can receive it on DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Does HTL-HD do Cable High Def?

Quick question re: dish aiming

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)