Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Get rid of many of these ads when you become a member of SatelliteGuys Today! Membership is fast and FREE! CLICK HERE to sign up now!

Fox Now - Now on Roku

Discussion in 'IPTV / Streaming Programming Forum' started by Scott Greczkowski, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Thread Starter Welcome To SatelliteGuys! Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

FOX NOW is NOW is Roku.

What makes this interesting is you need to subscribe to a provider which is part of the FOX Now family... and funny thing is DISH is one of those providers, but I didn't see DIRECTV listed.

Looking through it real quick it appears that all FOX shows are available to watch.

Advertisements Register Today!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys
  2. R0ss

R0ss Active SatelliteGuys Member

Maybe I'm just not seeing the big picture but what's the point of putting a service on ROKU if you also must subscribe to a pay tv service to watch the content on ROKU.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

3. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Thread Starter Welcome To SatelliteGuys! Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

If you missed a show then you can catch it again on demand.

Watched 3 episodes of Family Guy last night, and the PQ was excellent.

4. juan

juan Supporting Founder Supporting Founder

Fewer TV boxes..works great on secondary tv

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

5. Blindowl1234

Blindowl1234 Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member

I have to agree with Ross sort of...My point of having the Roku was to save a buck or two and not have to subscribe to a full set of channels from cable or dish. I can't think of very much I watch on Fox...now if it was Fox News I might be interested.

6. Scott Greczkowski

Use a friends username and password. :D

problem solved. :D

7. Blindowl1234

We've got dish welcome pack and it appears Fox Now works since we have at least the welcome pak. I installed the app so we'll see what's to watch.

8. R0ss

I don't mean to sound flip, but isn't that what dvr's are for?

Sent via Tapatalk

9. LER

LER Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

Yes, BUT if you didn't set the timer, or just discovered a show, or a myriad of other reasons, Roku/NetFlix/Amazon Prime/Smart TV are very good options to catch up.

I'm rediscovering how nice a Roku is with the re-arrangement of my life/new house.

10. R0ss

That was my point. Cut the cord back in February. Just about everything we watch is currently available on Hulu or amazon prime so if an episode is missed (we have OTA) we can catch up. We also have a TiVo so we can record. It's not a perfect set up, but we will save close to $1000.00 a year, by not subscribing to pay TV.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

11. R0ss

True, but in the case of Fox Now this is OTA programming, why does the network find it necessary to require a subscription to a pay service to stream? Streamed shows still have advertising etc.
    it makes me wonder if the pay TV services aren't behind this on some level or am I just being synical?

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

12. PopcornNMore

PopcornNMore SatelliteGuys Family

I certainly won't be adding FOX NOW. I can view FOX shows via OTA, FTA satellite, PLEX, XBMC, Veetle and elsewhere for free.

Thinking of FOX, I saw a channel yesterday called "FOX Classics" that was airing a "Bonanza" episode. I need to perform a Google to see if I can find a schedule.

Edit:
    Found a link: http://www.foxclassics.com.au/

FOX Classics has a good lineup including "The Golden Girls", "Benny Hill", "MASH", "Are You Being Served?", "Bonanza", "Murder She Wrote", "I Love Lucy", "Gunsmoke", etc.

The OLD FOX Classics was even better, too bad they changed their schedule: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Classics

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  13. Blindowl1234

I added it but can't say I really watch anything on Fox Now lol...Watching more on my Roku though and almost nothing on FTA.

14. PopcornNMore

PopcornNMore SatelliteGuys Family

Same here!