Fox Sports 1

It just seems weird,for Gary Payton,Donavan Mcnabb,and Andy Roddick,to be discussing Nascar,MLB,NHL,and the like.I actually loved Mcnabb as the Eagles qb,and really liked Payton,as a SuperSonic but,not so much as sports analysts.

I say keep watching it because it's not BCS(EC)PiN. Also who was around when Sportscenter started? bet they had growing pains as well. At least FS1 is trying to be a sports channel and not just a live sports channel like NBCSN and CBSSN has been doing until recently

I say keep watching it because it's not BCS(EC)PiN. Also who was around when Sportscenter started? bet they had growing pains as well. At least FS1 is trying to be a sports channel and not just a live sports channel like NBCSN and CBSSN has been doing until recently

Now as a kid,when sportscenter first started,I really loved it.Back then it wasn't possible to get every game on cable,scores weren't just a click,or even a ticker away.I can't recall who the anchors were,but they weren't former sports stars,they were sports journalists.I don't watch sportscenter now,as there is no need to.

Big thumbs up to Fox Sports 1 for their coverage of the UEFA Champions League (UCL) this week. I thought that the UCL live coverage on Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, Fox Sports Network (RSNs), and Fox Soccer Channel was superb. I'm sad to see FSC go because that will mean one less HD channel to show UCL games on, unless they use FXX for that on Tuesday and Wednesday gamedays. The only problem right now is that most of the replays end up on FS2, which is not as pleasant to look at. I know that most of their production, sets, commentary, etcetera, are all holdovers from Fox Soccer Channel, but I still think it helps get FS1 off to a good start.

In the NYC DMA we are still paying for a local RSN even though we don't get one. There are plenty to get, E* just dropped them all or never had them (SNY, YES, MSG and all the subchannels).

Now I know what the "Panel" on fox sports love reminds me of.....anyone remember Best Dam Sports Show period?

Just not a very good version of it

Just had another customer call and ask why Dish got rid of the SPEED Channel. LOL

Yep...Dish is still getting a LOT of those calls. Never mind the scrolls on the channel that told viewers that Speed was going to become Fox Sports 1. They still think Dish took their Speed away from them, and are threatening to go to another provider to get it. Good luck with that...LOL.

I like the comments about speed on Dish Facebook , " what happen to speed , it was my favorite channel" , favorite channel? interesting since speed has been gone. A Week now ! :D

Now I know what the "Panel" on fox sports love reminds me of.....anyone remember Best Dam Sports Show period?

Just not a very good version of it

Yes I remember, I actually liked Tom Arnold doing that. Was not a bad show overall.

Maybe they want to drop it so they don't have to tell carriers that carriage fees will have to go up, once again.

I actually don't blame ESPN and Turner in this case.Nascar ratings are still on the decline.It's just not a compelling sport right now.I have completely quit watching it.Watched the Daytona 500 and didn't like what I saw.Those new cars suck,when they pan the cameras around the stadiums, look at all the empty seats.I also believe NBC way overpaid for nascar rights.Nascar can turn it around,but they need to do it pretty soon.

I actually don't blame ESPN and Turner in this case.Nascar ratings are still on the decline.It's just not a compelling sport right now.I have completely quit watching it.Watched the Daytona 500 and didn't like what I saw.Those new cars suck,when they pan the cameras around the stadiums, look at all the empty seats.I also believe NBC way overpaid for nascar rights.Nascar can turn it around,but they need to do it pretty soon.

NASCAR isn't the it sport anymore, it's now MMA/UFC. it was pro wrestling in the 90s, then the fans left after 2000, then NASCAR exploded in popularity around the late 90s but peaked in the 2000s and now is in a decline, and the UFC and MMA is making a huge killing now as the it sport. something will kill it as a it sport sooner or later. NASCAR lost it's it sport status due the economic downturn, the chase for the race standings format, and people accusing NASCAR of "Fixing" races as some do that. and what caused wrestling's downfall of it being the it sport was the internet spoiling results, exposing the truth that wrestling is scripted/fake, and the fact that WCW and ECW has folded turning the WWE into a de facto Monopoly in US Pro wrestling, where TNA & ROH is Struggling to be the replacements for ECW and WCW.

take it from a long time pro wrestling and NASCAR fan, i know both sports are in trouble and no longer are an it sport and the core fanbase is what's keeping both sports alive while the causal sports fans that help both sports have huge ratings have moved on to MMA.

anyway, i do hope Fox and NBC does get to carry it a year earlier then expected, ESPN has dropped the ball bad on it and TNT's coverage isn't the same since Benny Parsons died from lung cancer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)