Free 100mbps/100mbps AT&T Fiber for ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) Qualifiers

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
For years AT&T Access was limited to 10mbps/10mbps on Fiber with a 1TB cap (increased to 25mbps/25mbps and unlimited due to the pandemic) for $10/mo.

AT&T now has a new 100mbps/100mbps unlimited Access plan that is listed at $30/mo and you can put the $30/mo ACP benefit on it which makes it free.

It appears that any single person making $13.42/hr or less qualifies for it. Possibly more if you're going by net/AGI. "You can get ACP if your income is 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines"

Posting as a PSA. No political comments/complaining about qualifications/fairness please. Celebrating how this is going to harm the greedy asymmetric cable based competitors is welcome. :clapping

Reactions: primestar31
I’ve been waiting for AT&T Fiber to arrive in my neighborhood. So far, nada. Nice if you can get it…

Here in my immediate area, the areas that AT&T are in, there would be no customers that the ACP benefit would apply to, in Disney Golden Oaks , for example, the only provider is AT&T Fiber, but each house starts around the $2 million range.

Charter/Spectrum has a cheap highspeed internet program. BUT, you basically have to be age 65+ and on SSI welfare to qualify for it. 30Mbps internet only, $22.99 a month.

I pay $74.99, internet only, 100/10Mbps, no cap Charter/Spectrum. I'd rather pay less, but there's NO other options other than TDSNET Dsl, and they SUCK!

Here in Florida, the 1G speed for $100 from Charter, my deal with them is up in July, so I assume there will be a jump in price, but since I do not pay cash for my TV services ( buy gift cards with my Credit Card’s points), a little over $100 a month is fine for way too much entertainment.

Reactions: Comptech
I'd jump on it like a fat lady hitting a buffet, BUT, I'll never qualify for SSI...
I've never understood why the discounted internet plans from the CATV companies are so much more restrictive than the discounted plans from the TELCO's offering DSL and Fiber.

ATT Access used to require a SNAP qualification but since ACP ATT has opened Access up to anyone who qualifies for ACP which many would not qualify for SNAP. The ACP income limits are quite generous compared to SNAP.

Charter/Spectrum has a cheap highspeed internet program. BUT, you basically have to be age 65+ and on SSI welfare to qualify for it. 30Mbps internet only, $22.99 a month.

I pay $74.99, internet only, 100/10Mbps, no cap Charter/Spectrum. I'd rather pay less, but there's NO other options other than TDSNET Dsl, and they SUCK!

200 meg here Mike from spectrum for the same price, hopefully two years from now they still offer the deal you mentioned.

Here in Florida, the 1G speed for $100 from Charter, my deal with them is up in July, so I assume there will be a jump in price, but since I do not pay cash for my TV services ( buy gift cards with my Credit Card’s points), a little over $100 a month is fine for way too much entertainment.

Here is a chart I made for AT&T vs Spectrum in my area. We also have a second cable co (Grande/Astound), yes two separate coax lines on the poles plus AT&T fiber on them.

ATT-SPEC-COMPARE.PNG

I didn't know anyone had caps on internet service anymore. Anyway, I get 500Mb/500Mb unlimited service for $63 per month with Allo. It has been extremely reliable. I never did check to see if they have a lower monthly fee for 65+.

I didn't know anyone had caps on internet service anymore. Anyway, I get 500Mb/500Mb unlimited service for $63 per month with Allo. It has been extremely reliable. I never did check to see if they have a lower monthly fee for 65+.
I think most conventional providers have caps. And that's a great deal you have.

I think most conventional providers have caps. And that's a great deal you have.
I'm a Gigabit, no cap, and HBO Max for $70 a month (that isn't a discount rate, also no fee for router, grandfathered so long ago, maybe I'm great grandfathered). Got lucky, live in a very large neighborhood, just down the street from where the wealthy are, so we've had Gigabit here for a while now.

This is a great deal to get people access online. There really is a tech shift towards 2nd hand authentication via smart phones and everything going online, that makes these technologies notably less frivolous than they had been.

All internet providers around here have no caps. The only one around here, that is nationwide, is Hughesnet still have caps and they just raised their caps.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
So all these no caps providers, is that for all of their offerings or just the top of the line?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)