Spectrum Fiber TV Service

Cactus Jack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2020
USA
I'm having Spectrum Fiber internet service installed this week. I'm getting conflicting answers about their TV service; do they or do they not offer a "traditional" tuner box with DVR? One rep said yes, of course. Another said they offer only streaming TV, possibly Sling.

Thanks,
Jack

I'm having Spectrum Fiber internet service installed this week. I'm getting conflicting answers about their TV service; do they or do they not offer a "traditional" tuner box with DVR? One rep said yes, of course. Another said they offer only streaming TV, possibly Sling.

Thanks,
Jack
They do both, the advantage of streaming is no box fee, but there is a DVR fee.

Box fee with DVR is $16 a month, also extremely slow and clunky.

Now, unless you want the RSN which Spectrum provides, I recommend you looking at streaming options.

Spectrum advertises a low price for streaming, but does not includes the fees in that, about $21 for Broadcast Local Channels, Cloud DVR $9.99, then all the other little fees, add up to another $10 a month.

I thought about getting Spectrum TV when we moved to Florida ( have them for Broadband), but found with all the fees, it was more then YouTube TV.

Also Spectrum tries you to a contract, so if you decide you do not like it, they charge a cancellation fee like the Satellite Companies do.

Reactions: harshness
Also Spectrum tries you to a contract, so if you decide you do not like it, they charge a cancellation fee like the Satellite Companies do.
Per your link:

Spectrum TV cancellation and early termination fees: none

Spectrum is a contract-free provider, meaning none of its packages require service agreements or commitments. That also means you won’t find any Spectrum fees for cancelling service, so you’re free to come and go as you please.

I've tried Spectrum several times and haven't ever paid a cancellation or early termination fee, even after a few days of service. That said, I agree with your assessment otherwise.

Per your link:

Spectrum TV cancellation and early termination fees: none

Spectrum is a contract-free provider, meaning none of its packages require service agreements or commitments. That also means you won’t find any Spectrum fees for cancelling service, so you’re free to come and go as you please.

I've tried Spectrum several times and haven't ever paid a cancellation or early termination fee, even after a few days of service. That said, I agree with your assessment otherwise.
I wonder when that changed, there was one when I signed up with them in 2020, the CSR even read it to me over the phone.

Just for broadband also.

I wonder when that changed, there was one when I signed up with them in 2020, the CSR even read it to me over the phone.

Just for broadband also.
Maybe they did for some period of time? I can say I did not try Spectrum in 2020, so it may have come and gone while I wasn't paying attention.

the spectrum 210 box is a dvr box. i think the box rental fee is 11.00 plus a 12.99 dvr fee. when we canceled the dtv we had one dvr box with the select package i asked what the tv part would cost me per month they told me close to 140.00 a month i told em they were nuts. thank god that dtv called us back and gave us a better deal:)

Reactions: ncted
Maybe they did for some period of time? I can say I did not try Spectrum in 2020, so it may have come and gone while I wasn't paying attention.
when we had em even back in the twc days we were never under a contract. i wonder if it was only in certain markets:what2