Free HD for Life

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bacchus101

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
My second bill was charged today and I was nailed for HD access (I've been a customer for exactly 30 days.)

I was told I was getting free HD for life when I signed up, but now "it is impossible" as it was not on my original order (which was screwed up) nor my revised second order (which was screwed up.)

I was under the impression that by signing up for credit card autopay and paperless billing at the time of my order, I would be getting HD for life, but clearly I didn't know the secret handshake and neither rep informed me that I needed to know one - thus it wasn't entered into the system properly.

Not a big deal as I'll just take advantage of the 24 month offer given to existing customers....

Oh ya, can't do that either. You need to be a customer for a year to get that one.

Let's just say I am not very happy and was hoping that maybe someone could point my in the proper direction to get this resolved.

The rep I spoke with said nothing could be done by him and corporate would give me the same answer.

Last edited:
If you talk to several CSRs about anything you will get several different answers. I would keep trying and be nice, they can be more helpful if they like you. If they say no way then thank them and hang up and call again.

bacchus101 said:
My second bill was charged today and I was nailed for HD access (I've been a customer for exactly 30 days.)

I was told I was getting free HD for life when I signed up, but now "it is impossible" as it was not on my original order (which was screwed up) nor my revised second order (which was screwed up.)

I was under the impression that by signing up for credit card autopay and paperless billing at the time of my order, I would be getting HD for life, but clearly I didn't know the secret handshake and neither rep informed me that I needed to know one - thus it wasn't entered into the system properly.

Not a big deal as I'll just take advantage of the 24 month offer given to existing customers....

Oh ya, can't do that either. You need to be a customer for a year to get that one.

Let's just say I am not very happy and was hoping that maybe someone could point my in the proper direction to get this resolved.

The rep I spoke with said nothing could be done by him and corporate would give me the same answer.

Before you jump off the cliff, try calling again ...
I don't recall the exact rules to get free HD, but I do know that you had to be on autopay.
IF they don't give you FREE HD all they need to do is come up with a way to credit you $120, that's what the Free HD amounts to.

BS

Keep calling

If they say nobody hire up can do it, tell them you still want to speak hire up.

There is always somebody that can do it (period).

You can also contact the office of the president.
If you get nowhere on the phone, then ask for that information.

I work for a retailer and had the same thing happen to a customer I had signed up. We had to cancel the order & rebuild a new 1 because he wanted to add a dvr. I was already on the job so I had my boss do the rebuild for me & he forgot to check the free hd for life option. Auto pay by itself doesn't automatically include the free hd offer.

Any way I get a phone call from this customer when they charged his card for his monthly payment & sure enough they are charging him the hd access fee. We were able to fix this for this customer. My boss called retail services, explained to them what happened. It took about 2 billing cycles, but they also credited him for the hd access charges they took. I don't know how you signed up, but I do know this is something that can be rectified & made right. Good luck.

It kills me that customer "A" can do everything the same as customer "B" but because a salesperson forgot to check the box for customer "A" they have to pay for for HD access. I mean there is no reasonable way for customer "A" to realize this happened until they get a bill and it is "too late".

I know salespeople make mistakes and boxes are easy to forget to check.
It floors me though that D* does not have an easy way to rectify these situations.

you have to be on autopay and paperless billing to noy pay for it :)

The supervisor I spoke with said they would be sending it off to the 'activation department" and I should see a resolution in 7-10 business days (being I am and always have been on autopay w/ paperless billing.)

Luckily, I had the initial order receipt in my inbox and it clearly showed I had Free HD Access included (it got lost in translation when I added a second DVR. They redid my order and forgot to check the box for Free HD Access to mimic my original order which I asked them to do.)

So I think I am good. Thanks for all the responses...

I have the same problem.I have talked to 3 CSR and they have all had different answers. The last one said the best she could do was extend the free HD for 6 months,but that has yet to appear on my bills. I have been a customer since 2001 and they can see by all the sports packages that I buy,that they have me where it hurts. I'm thinking about MLBTV this year , but most of the feedback I've gotten makes me lean towards keeping EI. I just wish they would take better care of the loyal customers. The last gift I got for being loyal was free games. I'm a 64 year old man and those damn games mean nothing to me.

As an existing customer (for the past 5 years), who is already on paperless billing, if I agree to sign up for auto-pay, will D* give me this deal?

As an existing customer (for the past 5 years), who is already on paperless billing, if I agree to sign up for auto-pay, will D* give me this deal?

They'll tell you that you have it and then conveniently remove the credit several months later and hope you don't check your on line bill.

I work for a retailer and had the same thing happen to a customer I had signed up. We had to cancel the order & rebuild a new 1 because he wanted to add a dvr. I was already on the job so I had my boss do the rebuild for me & he forgot to check the free hd for life option. Auto pay by itself doesn't automatically include the free hd offer.

Any way I get a phone call from this customer when they charged his card for his monthly payment & sure enough they are charging him the hd access fee. We were able to fix this for this customer. My boss called retail services, explained to them what happened. It took about 2 billing cycles, but they also credited him for the hd access charges they took. I don't know how you signed up, but I do know this is something that can be rectified & made right. Good luck.
I wish I had known this yesterday because my boat looks strikingly similar to that one. Though I asked and no-one has said that the original order was cancelled. I even went as far as to keep my prior order yesterday when the installer came with 3 receivers though I asked for 2. They wanted to cancel the original order if he was to only install 2 receivers but the price would go up for the base package, so I had him do all 3 and now I'm sending back the 3rd.

Who knows what really happened, but I'm told it's all getting straightened out. Word to the wise, don't change your order after it's setup. Which means that you have to know exactly what you want ahead of time. The more offers, the more things can get screwed up (and hopefully fixed).

Just call and mention that you would like the Free HD for life or 2 years whichever it is ... they will tell you that you need to be on AutoPay and you can go from there.

Jimbo said:
Just call and mention that you would like the Free HD for life or 2 years whichever it is ... they will tell you that you need to be on AutoPay and you can go from there.

I did just that and they complied. $10 for having done what I would do anyway is well worth it. Typically I am against autopay but for a savings I'll go with it. My monthly bill is around $150 so every little bit helps, especially on-going in perpetuity.

Besides with baseball approaching I am going to have to also subscribe to Comcast so I can watch the phillies. That's about $50 more a month (for 6 months of baseball) which means monthly television service total is at $200... Now $190.

I did just that and they complied. $10 for having done what I would do anyway is well worth it. Typically I am against autopay but for a savings I'll go with it. My monthly bill is around $150 so every little bit helps, especially on-going in perpetuity.

Besides with baseball approaching I am going to have to also subscribe to Comcast so I can watch the phillies. That's about $50 more a month (for 6 months of baseball) which means monthly television service total is at $200... Now $190.

Your right, every little bit counts, there are a lot of us in the $ 150 and up range.

Your right, every little bit counts, there are a lot of us in the $ 150 and up range.

Wow, I am glad there are people willing to pay these kinds of prices. If people were as cheap as me I'd be out of a job.

Hell, new customers can't seem to get this deal because the box was not checked properly. LOL

So to answer your question, most likely not.

What they have done though is offer 6 months to a year for free to existing customers.
Don't know if it depends on who you get or if the promotion changes.

What is just unreal is the D* is so hard to dela with when they or one of their sales partners makes a mistake. Customer wants HD and order is for only SD. So I am stuck installing the SD system knowing that someone will have to come back and change it to HD. It goes on and on how stupid D* is. I honestly don't know how they keep a customer with all the stuff I see every day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)