froyo for droid leaked

I cringe when I see sirius xm/ is it really 20 a month for that stuff?

It is $12 per month, for a 3 month sub; but I only got it for the big road trip. Coming up. It is cheaper if you subscribe for longer; and only a couple bucks a month if you have sat radio, which I don't.

Not an option at this time. Those will likely be Verizon exclusives, and I am not changing from Cell South.
I will have several options in the next month with CS. The Desire is coming, along with the Droid. Then there are rumors of a Galaxy Series phone, among others.

Right now though, the Droid/Milestone (what C South calls it, and no it is not the GSM version) fits my needs and requirements the best. I do not want a full touchscreen, so Milestone it is.:up

Milestone is what it is called in Canada.

But yes, the Droid 2 is already showing up in various websites; Droid-Life.com has a photo of it on an activation screen right now.

Yet another reason you have to love Froyo. This post is being made on Verizon 3G broadband, via Wireless tether. Its like putting reeces pieces on top of that beautiful cup of froyo.

So far works fine.

BTW, for anyone doing this custom rom thing, it is very valuable to have My Backup Pro installed. And to backup your contacts/calendar/SMS/call log, etc.... the call log and SMS stuff all disappears with the new rom, but it is easily recoverable. I have used it a few times so far, and works like a charm.

Can't you just sync with Google from Gmail to get all your contacts back?

Guys - anyone have an alternative to SetCPU. It worked great with the first Froyo build, but no crashes anytime I load it with the latest build.

I have tried a few different kernels to see if that was the problem but it is just not working

Guys - anyone have an alternative to SetCPU. It worked great with the first Froyo build, but no crashes anytime I load it with the latest build.

I have tried a few different kernels to see if that was the problem but it is just not working

What is it?

did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? I have yet to have a problem with setcpu with any build of froyo that I have tried.

did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? I have yet to have a problem with setcpu with any build of froyo that I have tried.

I have done that about five times. Rebooted; reinstalled; it initially runs, but as soon as it requests root, it goes to black screen. Everything else rooted works. But it is not getting to root.

No idea why.

I was chicken too - I don't know how many posts I have in this forum about wanting to bite the bullet, but it took froyo for me to do it. I realized I was missing out on all the rooted fun.

I really want to do this, but I find the threads on MyDroidWorld confusing and somewhat conflicting. So, I'm not sure I should tackle it. There's one guide for non-rooted users, another that roots the phone, along with confusing instructions, and to top it off there's all this "more froyo" stuff - like the overclocking kernels and the baseband stuff. If someone would put together a reliable guide for a dummy like me, I might try it. But not until I'm exactly clear on where in the steps to do the cache clearing, doing the backup, getting the OC kernel, updating the baseband, etc...

The Beast has a new one! Guy's this is a real great rom but i would wait until it's in rom manager. Unless you are more advanced at this stuff. Also when on rom manager updates should all be there!:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)